cirekoy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
yourphotooncanvas.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all :)

Is anyone else going to the PMA 2010 show at the Anaheim Convention Center? The company I work for is going to have a booth there, so I will probably be there, but I was curious if anyone else would be attending and I couldn't find an existing thread

I've never been to a trade show before so this should be fun...

It starts this Sunday, I'm really hoping to see some nice stuff...wish it was in Vegas and not Anaheim but I guess there's WPPI for that :)

I'd also like to see people from the Canon and Nikon booths jousting in some sort of event...to settle things once and for all...

OK, so I didn't spend a huge amount of time there...but there were some neat things. Nikon had a giant booth...Canon wasn't there? That was odd and a little bit disappointing.

Among other things, Sony is introducing a new consumer line of cameras that is water proof (up to 10 ft), shock proof, dust proof, and cold proof. I think this is a neat idea for the outdoorsy type. It is a good direction to go for consumer cameras.

They are also introducing what I think is a horrible idea...a consumer camera body with SLR type lenses. I wish I snapped some pictures of it! It looks exactly like it sounds: a point and shoot body with an SLR lens. I imagine they want to tap into the "in between" market, people that don't want an entry level dSLR but want a better point and shoot experience...

One booth had free popcorn. I liked them.

I was also interested to see Kodak's booth, who were showing off their cameras (all point and shoots of course). Their cameras feature Facebook integration which honestly is smart, but I thought it was a bit ironic in a way. Kodak's printing business is hurt by Facebook, which is where most pictures are ending up (not on 3x5 prints). Of all companies, they certainly recognize this. I would think that while they are at it, they'd figure out a way to integrate the camera into a printing process too, though.

Also of interest was an automatic gallery wrap machine. It was neat to see...the end product didn't look that great, but it was fast! And of course I enjoyed seeing my company's booth (I just said hi and left quickly for fear of being asked to help).

On one hand, I wish I stayed longer to enjoy all the many, many exhibits. On the other hand, I didn't see anything that really screamed out to me, personally. I may end up returning today or tomorrow to take more time to examine things. Overall, it was fun. There was definitely a lot of photographic products, so my little bit of time on the floor isn't exactly thorough.

Most reactions

Back