Is anyone here truly brand loyal to someone?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well are you? This is hot on the heels of seeing a thread about making the switch from Nikon to Canon for what I think is a stupid reason. But my question goes deeper. Are you actually loyal to your brand. Are you the type of person who says yes the Sigma 10-20 does outperform the Nikon 12-24 on all tests, but I prefer Nikon lenses on my Nikon camera? Or yeah the Nikon cable release costs 5x more than the ebay equivalent, but it's worth it right?

Actually forget cameras. Is anyone here brand loyal to anything at all, cars, consumer electronics? Are you loyal enough to stick with your brand through some of their bad times too?

I'm not brand loyal to anything. I purchase what I think it the best product that I can get and look at each product individually. If a Sharp LCD is the best in it's class for a comparable price to the other 2 top brands, then I'll get sharp. Same with Nikon, Sigma, etc... Same with cars, however certain manufacturers will never be in my list due to personal preference.

I am not brand loyal to anything. There are brands I reject if I have a bad experience with them (crappy customer support, etc) like Belkin...who may have some decent products, but their customer support has ticked me off one time too many.

So I suppose there aren't any specific brands I will buy just because of the brand. However, there are brands I won't buy just because of the brand.

I've already stated that I'm not. I think perhaps you should have read my initial post as well, I was saying that I could get more bang for my buck by going Canon because people are unloading to grab the new d300. I would like to find a system I like and stick with it, but now is the time to make that decision on which system I'd like to stick with. It really has nothing to do with being a fanboy of a particular brand, but finding where my dollar is going farther in terms of reliability and image quality.

I'd have to say the only thing I have been fairly product loyal to is Nikon, and this is only because of what I call the "hopscotch upgrade syndrome". I have decent glass, so when it comes time to upgrade the camera, well I already have good lenses....time to upgrade the lenses, well now I have a nicer camera...etc. I have never knocked other brands, but this is just the way it has fallen. As for the accessories, I will buy off brand if it has proven to be as good, or better.

As far as anything else, no. If I am looking to spend decent money on something, I will do my homework and get the best bang for my buck, no matter the brand. I am not loyal to any one car brand, electronics, etc.

Actually forget cameras. Is anyone here brand loyal to anything at all, cars, consumer electronics? Are you loyal enough to stick with your brand through some of their bad times too?
I bought a 1988 Toyota 4Runner that had 105,000 miles on it. I sold it with 189,000 miles. In that time period, I heavily 4 wheeled it and totaled it 3 times (once was ice and a telephone pole, twice were deer running out in front of me) For that time period, it NEVER had antifreeze/coolant in the radiator. I don't know what ever happened to it. I would fill it up and the next day it was dry. I couldn't find it leaking, none in the oil, none burning up, no idea. I also only did one oil change, about 150,000 miles when I put it back together after the first deer totaled it. The ONLY thing I had ever done to the truck was change brakes regularly (exactly every 50k in front and 150k in back) and put a new clutch in it at 150k miles. It still ran great when I sold it.

Ran to 189,000 miles with out ever having antifreeze and only 1 oil change?

You're darn right I'm brand loyal!

Unfortunately, the old Toyotas are hard to find nowadays and the new ones are WAY too expensive. Can't afford the new ones so I'm stuck with a POS Ford. My 88 4Runner with 189k would run circles around my 1 year old Ford Escape.

I am fully brand loyal. Jeep and Nikon are amongst my faves. Not a lot of logic it to it. Just what I feel comfortable with. This has been going on since day one. I admit I oogle over Canon and Toyota, but I am afraid people would make fun of me if I ever "switched".

Love & Bass

I am a hypocrite who does not have any loyalty to particular brand of equipment. But once I am satisfied with one thing than I will buy the same brand later on.

But this nikon D40 purchase was influenced by the el cheapo coolpix L10 I purchased barely a month before it. If that L10 did not give me satisfaction than there was no way I would buy another nikon.

Coca Cola.

That's it.

There are certain brands that I really like, and I will go to see if they have a product that fits my needs before I evaluate competitors. Ferragamo shoes comes to mind.

Sandisk cards, I wouldn't even look another brand

Not really brand loyal, but sometimes I stick to namebrand for quality reasons. I would rather buy expensive once than cheap twice (or more)

I do prefer some brands, but if there is something better I will go that way...

There are brands I WON'T buy, though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back