Is Casio EX-Z50 any good?

LindaHii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Casio EX-Z50??? is it any good???

I wanted to get a new camera but i donno which one to get !!
i want a camera with really good quality and doesn't blur easily
any recommendations?

Hi Linda, welcome to the forum.

It's difficult to answer the question "is it any good?". It's a "stylish" compact digital camera which has 5 mega pixels and a zoom lens. The reviews for it on the internet appear quite favourable - stick the camera make and model into google and have a read for yourself. These guys are reasonable and this is what they said: http://www.dcviews.com/reviews/Casio-Z50/Casio-Z50-review.htm

Blurring in a photo is usually due to camera shake. Camera shake can be reduced (obviously) by holding the camera more carefully or mounting it on a tripod. Also, camera shake and blurriness can be reduced by using a lens/aperture which admits more light. This usually requires a considerable amount more money to obtain and isn't really going to be small and portable.

Sadly this little camera will not let in a large amount of light, and it will be tricky to avoid blur in indoor or low lighting situations. However, it's small and appears reasonable value and would probably be fine for a beginner who doesn't have much interest in the finer points of photography.

Good luck

Rob

Hey rob,
thanks for replying btw!=)
what kind of camera can " let in large amount of light?"??i don't really get that bit..=(

any good 5 megalpixel camera to recommend?
=)

robhesketh said:
Blurring in a photo is usually due to camera shake.
It could also happen due to the shutter lag, which is a common issue with the point and shoot digital cameras.
Linda, your best place to compare the different models would be www.dpreview.com

Linda,

A camera can let it more light when the lens is wide compared to it's length. Think of those cameras you see at sporting events which have HUGE lenses - they are fat to get maximum light in the camera. Contrast this with a miniature digital compact with a lens which is only 1/2 cm across - this tiny lens is often attempting the same amount of zoom, but it can't let in the same amount of glass as something which is six inches across. The subsequent sacrifice is that the speed of the capture is slowed, amplifying the slight tremors in your hand.

Danalec makes a good point about the lag - there is often an annoying 1s+ delay when the shutter is pressed, so holding the camera still for 3+ seconds may help enormously.

Good luck

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back