is it enough?

I guess thay depends honestly on how much you shoot. Personally, 2000 would be waaaaay more than enough for me.

Christina, I'd say it depends on the size of the wedding and if you are the only professional photographer there. We shot a fairly small wedding and took about 400 shots. Of course with a digital it is very easy to take lots more. Good Luck! SYKES3

Depends on how you shoot. I think and frame and delete in camera. While I probably fire off some 1000 shots during a wedding 400 frames on the camera is enough for me.

Whatever you think you'll need....bring 1.5x that. If one of your cards fails, you want backups...

thanks to everyone, im just making sure as i cover all possibilities in my mind about tomorrow, im excited yet scared, so cross your fingers. I have 2 of the 2gb memory sticks, so hopefully ill be fine.

Besides haveing enough memory card space, do you have extra batteries to last shooting that many images? When I shot with a 10D I usually carried 10 extra batteries with me. If it was important, I carried the charger too so if I needed to I could find a corner to plug it in and charge up a couple of the used up ones. With my 1DMKII I can shoot about 2800 shots on the two batteries I carry and I still carry the charger with me.

Since you are asking how much memory space you should be carrying, I assume you haven't done very many weddings. Are you shooting the wedding in raw or jpeg? Jpeg gives you a lot more images on a memory card but raw gives you a lot more control of under and over exposed images as well as odd lighting conditions. It gives you a bit more freedom to concentrate on your shooting and not worrying about if the lighting is ok for shooting jpegs.

Also, make sure you buy name brand memory cards (like Sandisk) and not the cheap generics and not the cheap name brand looking ones off e-bay. Most of the ones on e-bay are counterfit and are of lesser quality than buying the name brand cards from a known good source of them.

Mike

This is my very first actually, and i shoot in jpeg mostly, I bought the sandisk memory cards, and stocked up on a extra battery and charger today. i figured it would be good to have double of everything, that way one can be used as the other is being charged..

Are you using more than one camera? If so, then you could easily need more memory if you think your gonna use 2000 shots.

I'm thinkin' two batteries are not enough. Photographing weddings can be fun, but it can also be horrific if unprepared. Have your list of all the necessary shots in your pocket, and check them off. Like bride with father, bride with mother or both together if they are still speaking. Or all the brothers or groomsmen etc etc. All the possible combinations. And it helps to have someone else gathering up the necessary people and keeping track so you can concentrate on your photos! Best of luck to you! SYKES3 (may be too much information, sorry)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back