Is it just me ?

This is what gets me when I search a subject the first 100 (or more) results are just posts telling me to search the subject because it's been answered so many times

The search engines V Bulletin forums use are not so great.

like if you do a search with more than one word like "macro photography" it will find every thread that has the word macro or photography. So you have to scan through 20 pages of some thread to find 2 sentences about the word macro.

It would be kind of interesting know to how many of the people who say " use the search", actually use a the v Bulletin search or even successfully.

I htink more or less its people who just have to have the last word in.

Ok, I read this and I'm totally new here BUT I do have an opinion. I frequent a jeep forum and there are sticky's on threads or issues that are always covered. So. Could there be something in the different areas of this forum regarding something like that?
"What's a good first DSLR?"
"Basics about photoshop for new users"
"I've gotten decent with my entry level DSLR/SLR and I want to step up...what's good for me?"
I'm sure the members who have been around a while know many many more that could be listed.

These, to me as a beginner, seem like threads that I would go to and read if they were at the top of the forum for beginners, or the editing/program area here for the photoshop thread.

And about people getting snippy, it's a sad reality...people use the computers to hide behind and say things they maybe normally wouldn't in real life. I use this rule, if I wouldn't say it to someone's face in a normal convo then I shouldn't type it and hit the "Post Quick Reply" button.

:lmao: I love forums..... Nothing brings out the complete loser in people that are, well surprise surprise total losers in real life.

I love the people who feel it's their job or duty to mod every post in every thread on photography forums, it's especially hilarious because most of these morons work in retail where they probably annoy the hell out of everyone they work with and customers refer to them as ignorant know-it-all ass-heads, usually right to their faces. :lol:

/quote]

A lot of people take their "responsibility" on these forums waaaay too seriously. So someone posts, or starts a new thread in the beginner's forum that has been posted before. Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

A freind of mine recently told me he has 273 cyber friends and is a moderator on 67 web sites! Really?? I asked him if he's been outside in the past 6 months! I am sure the pizza delivery guy is paying for a new Mercedes because of him!

Because you have posted XXX number of times, or in some cases XXXX and XXXXX why do you feel entitled. So you've posted XXX number of pictures. Does that give you the right to be an azzhat? Does sending someone a PM and calling them names make you feel better about yourself? Makes me think of the guys sitting in the truck stop yammering on the CB radio calling people things I won't...and shouldn't repeat here! Yet when that person is called out they hide behind the microphone. In this case a keyboard. You are truly a badass behind your keyboard.

I have yet to step into the big time digital realm. I have several Canon film cameras, and love them. Therefore most of my time is in the film forums. By no means to I consider myself more than just a hack...kinda like my golf game...so my opinions are just that.

When someone asks a question about one of the cameras I own, I will sometimes respons. However when I do it is ALWAYS respectful. Yes, there is a search function. However I know that my Search Kung Fu is weak, so rather than flaming someone for asking a redundant question, I just try to help in the best way I can.

I like to call it common human decency. We seem to have gotten away from that.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back