Is it perfect for WildLife?

... yeah but if you drop it the Tiger cannot resist the urge to take a couple of shots with such a awesome lens.

Realistically ... most photographers cannot afford such a lens.

A good quality Teleconverter is the solution.

... yeah but if you drop it the Tiger cannot resist the urge to take a couple of shots with such a awesome lens.

Drop a 400mm f2.8? Are you crazy? I'd rather be eaten.

Ian

Get a 500mm F4 lens
Get a Wimberley II tripod head
Get a Gitzo series 3 or 5 set of legs
And do what ALL pro wildlife photographers do...
Sit in a LandRover and shoot out the window, that way you can get as close as you want and the animals won't see you as a human and not think of you as a threat

Just ask Andy Rouse, Simon King, Jonathan & Angela Scott

guys... thanks for all the info... I have decided to stay with A200 and if i need to change, then A700.

Well, for beautiful portraits, landscape, what should i use?? 50mm prime?? or 35mm prime??? Camera is still A200. And ohhh... if i use a 200mm macro, then what will be the effect in case of portrait?? For landscape, i can use my normal 18-70 then... And right at this moment, i am trying my best to work with sal70300G. Later on, i'll try to get a longer lense from sigma... say a 300-800mm. But currently, i need a macro... but also i wish to work on landscape/portrait...

Mishu~

PS. About the chasing of tiger, I'll get my cam, try to climb up a tree... because here in bangladesh, tigers cannot climb tree... if i fail, i'll sve the camera... and ready to surrender to the tiger... :lmao:

70 - 135mm (or 50 - 90mm APS-C) is considered the focal range for a portrait lens.

Using a Macro for other than macro should be OK. A Macro it tuned to have it's best focus at it's minimum ... as opposed to most lenses where the optimum focus is at infinity.

I use my 50mm Macro for anything.

I have a 1.4X and a 2X sigma EX series teleconverter. I really like the 1.4x. The 2x is OK, but it slows your lens down 2 stops and softens things up a bit. As with any lens, the quality of the teleconverter is critical. If they are good glass and are well matched to your lens, they do a good job. I have stacked my 1.4 and my 2 together with my Sigma 100-300mm f4 occasionally ... makes for a really slow 840mm lens, but it does work.

Ian

I have a 1.4X and a 2X sigma EX series teleconverter. I really like the 1.4x. The 2x is OK, but it slows your lens down 2 stops and softens things up a bit. As with any lens, the quality of the teleconverter is critical. If they are good glass and are well matched to your lens, they do a good job. I have stacked my 1.4 and my 2 together with my Sigma 100-300mm f4 occasionally ... makes for a really slow 840mm lens, but it does work.

Ian
Wow thanks a lot, I'll look into a good one when I get my DSLR sometime...

70 - 135mm (or 50 - 90mm APS-C) is considered the focal range for a portrait lens.

Using a Macro for other than macro should be OK. A Macro it tuned to have it's best focus at it's minimum ... as opposed to most lenses where the optimum focus is at infinity.

I use my 50mm Macro for anything.
well, if i intend to use a 200mm macro for the same??? or i should get 50mm macro???

You could get a 50mm, or 70mm Macro to use for both portraits and macro.
I think 200mm or 180mm would be too long for portraits.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back