Is it possible to make animated gifs in photoshop?

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so the title says half of what I'm after because I know (and have done) a basic animated gif which cycled through images in photoshop.
What I'm wondering now is if photoshop has the setup that would allow me to make a gif which has buttons embedded onto it which would allow the viewer to move through frame at a time or set it to cycle through the frames automatically one after the other. Or at the very least the ability to pause a cycle of images at any point in the playing

Ok so the title says half of what I'm after because I know (and have done) a basic animated gif which cycled through images in photoshop.
What I'm wondering now is if photoshop has the setup that would allow me to make a gif which has buttons embedded onto it which would allow the viewer to move through frame at a time or set it to cycle through the frames automatically one after the other. Or at the very least the ability to pause a cycle of images at any point in the playing

I think this is what you are after....maybe
Build Animated GIFs in Photoshop.

Open animation pane.

using tapatalk.

Aye the animated gif part is the easy bit
Gif-master-version_zpsgnitvmnt.gif

The thing is I want buttons on it so that I can pause that gif right now as you can see it above - or press to advance or retreat a page. I've seen them out there however I've no idea how to make them and the only way I found on google were ways using webpage code rather than embedded into the file itself.

Aye the animated gif part is the easy bit
Gif-master-version_zpsgnitvmnt.gif

The thing is I want buttons on it so that I can pause that gif right now as you can see it above - or press to advance or retreat a page. I've seen them out there however I've no idea how to make them and the only way I found on google were ways using webpage code rather than embedded into the file itself.

You're going to have to go to a
"flash' app for that.

hi there ! if you are looking for make an animated gif in photoshop i suggest that you refer to this website : A Quick Photoshop Tutorial - How to Make Animated GIF in Photoshop . They have tutorial step by step to teach you how to make an animated gif in photoshop . It simple and easy to understand for a beginner. Hope that this website solve your problem. Thank you .
A year-old thread. I'm sure he's figured it out by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi there ! if you are looking for make an animated gif in photoshop i suggest that you refer to this website : A Quick Photoshop Tutorial - How to Make Animated GIF in Photoshop . They have tutorial step by step to teach you how to make an animated gif in photoshop . It simple and easy to understand for a beginner. Hope that this website solve your problem. Thank you .
A year-old thread. I'm sure he's figured it out by now.

And if he hadn't, I doubt those links would have helped him ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back