Is it worth it???!!

When the rumors started flying about the D600 I started buying and using only FX lenses on my D7000 in preparation for the D600. I picked mine up a few weeks ago and am very happy with the performance. Personally I shoot a lot of landscapes and some nature / wildlife so having both makes a great team!

Pros for me:

Blown away by the image quality.
Flexibility of having 2 cameras
They share the same battery and charger!

Cons:

As many D600 users have experienced I have had an issue with sensor dust but it is quite easily blown out.
The price was a large con as an amateur / hobbyist photographer and took some scrimping and saving.

Hope this was helpful.

Reyna,

As was said above, you already have a really good camera. I usually wait two or more camera generations before changing bodies.

If the money is burning a hole in your bank account why not upgrade some accessories. Might be time to get an awesome 70-200 VR or how about an 85 1.4D for that creamy smooth bokeh? A second flash maybe? How about a couple of studio strobes and modifiers.

There are lots of ways to spend the dough while actually adding more depth and capacity to your photography gear.

In one sense though, a FX camera will be like a new set of lenses,
(assuming that you have FX capable lenses). All the same, if do not
have a clear idea in your mind of exactly how a new camera/lens
will enable what you want to do, don't buy it just on
impulse. As we all know money can be spent in seconds and can
take a long time to save up/pay back.

For me it was all about low light performance. Loved my 7000 but bought it when it was recently released so I got my use out of it. But always wanted FX and better ISO. I tend to photograph night/low light situations often enough that it made a huge difference for me. If you do as well then the 600 will blow you away! :)

Lem

Most reactions

New Topics

Back