Is it worth this digital camera?

Jordan40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys, i'm looking to buy this Canon Powershot Digital Camera https://amzn.to/2ZL2V2i
It would help me alot if i can know your thoughts on this one, is it worth it? Maybe you have it and its a good one or is a bad one, let me know please. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I like interchangeable lenses and a viewfinder, I bought a Canon Rebel T6 with much the same starter package for a few bucks more.

Most of the extras are of marginal quality. The SD card, battery and charger, UV filter, and lens cap are all I use.

it looks OK for $258 which is not a lot of money to spend on a camera. This is what many people call a "bridge camera", and if used carefully you can make some good pictures with it.

I wouldn't call that a bridge camera at all.
Its basically a point and shoot with a long lense. It has the "look" of a bridge camera, but not the functions, which is really the most important part...
Bridge cameras are supposed to be a "bridge" between point and shoot and DSLR cameras. They have many of the functions of a DSLR, such as aperature priority, shutter priority, and full manual mode, but don't have interchangable lenses. Most have pretty good zoom.

The Canon sx420 is has very few options as far as manual settings. It completely lacks a dial to change between modes, doesn't have aperature priority at all, and the closest you get to shutter priority is a "long exposure" mode tht let's let choose a shutter speed between 1 and 15 seconds....

Canons Spec page:

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | PowerShot SX420 IS

IMO, as a simple P&S the specs do have some features that are very usable.
Those features are light years away from the old film P&S from 1999, and IMO this will work just fine.

it has Canon connect which allows to link to a cell phone and this:
f/3.5 (W), f/6.6 (T)
Shutter Speed
1-1/4000 sec.
15-1 sec. (in Long Shutter Mode)

THAT will allow you to do some things other lesser P&S wont.

have fun!

Most reactions

Back