Is manual mode overrated?

shows how little you actually know and understand. PS can not ever bring out detail lost on a poor shot, it can only work with the information given

You just got outed for using auto modes, while you're foolishly preaching manual mode man...I think my take on photoshop, sarcastic or not, is the least of your concerns. You're basically, a hoax!

What ever that gibberish was meant to say. I shoot manual nearly all the time except for when I shoot at 10 shots per second which does not allow for any manual input, that is not used often

Certainly I was a bit extreme. I'm just being the opposite extreme of some here. Now that you know how silly it sounds...

You just got outed for using auto modes, while you're foolishly preaching manual mode man...I think my take on photoshop, sarcastic or not, is the least of your concerns. You're basically, a hoax!

What ever that gibberish was meant to say. I shoot manual nearly all the time except for when I shoot at 10 shots per second which does not allow for any manual input, that is not used often

Certainly I was a bit extreme. I'm just being the opposite extreme of some here. Now that you know how silly it sounds...

unfortunately what you said about let auto run your life and fix it later is not silly that is how many do it in the first place. I just thought you where serious

No Manual isn't over rated. Neither is AV, TV, or P

They are tools and each has it's useful application. Just like some who have mentioned AE lock or AF lock, it depends.

Might as well add, Canon or Nikon, they are both just fine and there are others. Just that the top two offer the best complete systems with ease of availability, consistent quality, and hold value.

I make my money shooting with strobes in a controlled environment. I want all my pictures to come out consistently well exposed, so I check my light meter, set my camera and leave it for the rest of my shoot. It's boring, but it's how I make $$$. It also saves me from adjusting a bunch of images later. When I'm shooting for fun, then I use other settings.

I prefer to rip the engine out of my car before driving. I also have cut the power off at my house and removed the heating system. Real men burn cats.

Viva la revolution!

I prefer to rip the engine out of my car before driving. I also have cut the power off at my house and removed the heating system. Real men burn cats.

Viva la revolution!

And you seemed more the type to rip your warp core out of your starship.

Warp cores are over-rated. I use paddles... mainly to load the cats into the firebox.

Double_Facepalm_by_ScotlandForLife.jpg

I always use manual mode when shooting landscapes as I have more time to faff about with all settings and be precise about what I want. However when shooting people or moving subjects I will usually stick my D90 into Aperture mode and adjust let the camera do the bulk of the work.

Most reactions

Back