Is my new lens broken?

Sibo04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe a silly question but my camera got dropped (by my girlfriend). Hard enough to break the filter, with the lens cap on, through the camera bag which in turn was in a back pack.
Not sure exactly how hard it was dropped (she won't say) as i wasn't there but the filter threads are abit mangled and i'm worried it might have damaged the lens (Sony DT 16-80mm Zeiss).
Pics look ok but some seem a bit more blurry. Maybe i'm just a newbie being paranoid but is there way to test if its ok? or should i get it looked at?

thanks
\Si

I'd say that if it was hard enough to mangle the threads on the filter, then it's entirely possible that something inside the camera has been knocked out of alignment, so I'd take it in for a check-up.

I agree about taking it in and having it checked out. If it hit that hard with the cap on and inside a bag, there may be other damage that's not visible on the outside. Ouch!

Thanks guys, for piece of mind will take it in for a check

Helpful little moron, wasn't he.

Take it in anyhow, you might have messed up focus helicoids.

Maybe a silly question but my camera got dropped (by my girlfriend). Hard enough to break the filter, with the lens cap on, through the camera bag which in turn was in a back pack.
Not sure exactly how hard it was dropped (she won't say) as i wasn't there but the filter threads are abit mangled and i'm worried it might have damaged the lens (Sony DT 16-80mm Zeiss).
Pics look ok but some seem a bit more blurry. Maybe i'm just a newbie being paranoid but is there way to test if its ok? or should i get it looked at?

thanks
\Si
Whatever you do, get a new gf.:lol:

I'm kidding, of course, but be warned. I married one of those "accidents waiting to happen", and believe me, they never change.:heart:

Most reactions

Back