Is my Rode Videomic Pro dead?

euronash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I bought Rode Videomic Pro from B&H around September of last year. It was sitting in the original box until today, when I decided to shoot some video and use it with my Cannon 600D/t3i. So, I mount the mic, connect the jack, preform recommended adjustments in the sound setting... however, no audio is recorded. I've searched and searched the internet in hopes of finding out what am I doing wrong, but found nothing... :banghead: I mean, it's not like there is a on/off switch I forgot...

When I disconnect the mic audio is recorded just fine, but not when plugged in. Is it possible that I got a non working/broken mic out of the box? :x

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Is the mic battery OK? Do you have anything else you can test the mic with? Your computer?

Yes, I've forgot to mention... I've tried to connect the mic to the comp, and tried to record my own voice, and nothing/mute... I do not about the battery... it's a new mic, I'll try to search google and find out how can I test/change the battery. Thanks for your help.

It would have certainly helped had I installed the battery in the first place :blushing:

Most reactions

Back