Is photography dying? or AlReaDy Dead? Or born Again? answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone could write a book, is writing dying too?

Last edited:
After careful consideration of the question the moderation and admin team have come to the conclusion that YES photography is dead.

Thus commencing next week we will be changing the site from "The Photoforum" to "The Bacon and Kittens" forum. All users have this weekend to remove your photos form the site unless they happen to contain bacon and/or kittens.

After careful consideration of the question the moderation and admin team have come to the conclusion that YES photography is dead.

Thus commencing next week we will be changing the site from "The Photoforum" to "The Bacon and Kittens" forum. All users have this weekend to remove your photos form the site unless they happen to contain bacon and/or kittens.
Bring on the bacon wasabi paste pics !!

Nothing more delicious on the grill than
maxresdefault.jpg

BACON WRAPPED KITTEN!!!

honestly, I think that digital has reduced photography to core elements without all those "visceral" (as @timor so fondly puts it) distractions. Overall, I think that the differences between digital and film are highly exaggerated. I'll agree that the experience is drastically different, but the goals and techniques haven't changed that much. Just the stinky chemicals that made my nuts smell like fix. Good riddance.

Sadly with digital one of those "visceral distractions" for many happens to be a basic lack of knowledge of photography.

If pyrazines can act as a developer, we could process film in bacon and orange juice.

Stick a fork in it...it's dead. :chuncky:

I'll have to change the avatar so the kitty is holding bacon.

Sadly with digital one of those "visceral distractions" for many happens to be a basic lack of knowledge of photography.

And not inherently bound to a medium. Unless you're going to argue that all those polariode and disposable film cameras (extensively used by many in the pre-digital era) were in any way somehow superior.

The only difference is something like Polariod was expensive - £1 a picture or something like that at one time; so only the rich could afford to spray and prey (not that you can spray much with one of them but still).

Film was a touch slower; it didn't make people better in so much as it generally made them restrict what they shot far more so. Also there was no internet (or little of it) and thus the vast body of rubbish was never seen by the multitudes who claim digital has ended creativity and all that stuff

And not inherently bound to a medium. Unless you're going to argue that all those polariode and disposable film cameras (extensively used by many in the pre-digital era) were in any way somehow superior.

The only difference is something like Polariod was expensive - £1 a picture or something like that at one time; so only the rich could afford to spray and prey (not that you can spray much with one of them but still).

Film was a touch slower; it didn't make people better in so much as it generally made them restrict what they shot far more so. Also there was no internet (or little of it) and thus the vast body of rubbish was never seen by the multitudes who claim digital has ended creativity and all that stuff
Superior not necessarily. More knowledgeable YES. The Polaroid, the various Instamatics and all of the disposables were the Program mode of the day. Primitive point and shoots with limited capabilities.

Unless you liked wasting a lot of film and money you learned the basics of photography. The rangefinders, TLR's, SLR's & plate field cameras required a basic knowledge of photography to take any kind of useable photograph.

Even then you had to be more selective with you shots due to the limited amount of available shots you had.

But then my comment was directed at photographers, not button pushers. No matter what the medium there have been button pushers ever since Kodak introduced the first box brownie.

Ha ha. This thread really turned out to suck. I'm really sorry I birthed this atrocity. Of course it is my fault and for that I take the blame. Just think though, without photography we would not have the selfie and selfie sticks. No one wants to imagine a world without those.

What really sucks is that unless bacon has hydroxypyrazines I don't think you can use it to develop film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back