Is soft box shape important?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Hardware' started by ElizaMM, Mar 23, 2019.

1. JBPhotog

JBPhotog No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have a peek at the Perry Ellis perfume bottle I posted above. Notice the dark edge to the glass from the base up to the shoulders, this was done with black cards. ;)

The use of "negative fill" to show an edge is especially important when doing close cut work, especially when shooting a white object on a white background.

2. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    "Subtractive lighting", or "subtractive fill"...are potential search terms. "Black cards" or black fabrics are often used.

3. Rinderart

Rinderart TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Im shooting 60 Years,Mostly Portrait for Model Agencies. One Of my Long time 35 Yr Clients Does alcohol Products In every shape and size of Glass. I've done their products In every conceivable situation and Location from the forest to studio film and digital. They Don't want any reflections whatsoever and I think I've used every Possible setup there is. what I use Is frosted plexi as a diffuser in different thickeness's and I very seldom Flash. I prefer Hot Lights or available for Products.So I can use my eyes better. to me there are no rules at all except what the client wants.And If there are "Rules" I try to break them.
    You are correct.