is the background too distracting?

is the background too distracting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The background is the worst, but I also don't think it would too hard to make it go away. As 'Bacon' wasn't an option, I was not able to vote in the poll.

The background is the worst, but I also don't think it would too hard to make it go away. As 'Bacon' wasn't an option, I was not able to vote in the poll.

I decided not to include bacon as an option as I knew it would get ALL the votes.

Fixing the background not too hard?? lol All that hair??

I find the disappearing hand, boney shoulder due to pose as more distracting than the background

It will take some patience, but it's definitely do-able; the sky is easy to work with.

You can de-emphasize this sort of thing very easily:

- dupe base layer
- desaturate and brighten it up a bunch, to taste
- add layer mask for full transparency (base layer shows through)
- "paint in" the background from the desaturated layer by airbrushing the mask as desired, blur the layer mask to blend any clumsy brushwork
- make masked layer translucent to taste

This takes like 5 minutes:

$foo.jpg

But I don't think the background is very distracting to start with..

It's really an unflattering look at "her". The dress looks like a tent, and it makes it look like she has absolutely zero bustline. The parking lot line intersecting with the bust, and the odd pooching out of the fabric at the neckline just all combine to make the clothing look awful. The easiest thing to do would be to clone out the trash can behind, and clone out the parking space white stripes, but no offense, this pose doesn't seem all that worth rescuing, to me at least.

With "Refine Edge" in CS6 ,All that fine hair is not a problem ! BUT I'm with Derrel . I would re-shoot with a more flattering pose.

With "Refine Edge" in CS6 ,All that fine hair is not a problem ! BUT I'm with Derrel . I would re-shoot with a more flattering pose.
I agree.

Thank you all for the comments! (and the edit) She really likes her face and jawline in this shot.. as do I. I do see everything else that's been pointed out. It's a blouse and not a dress though. lol

My eye is brought straight to her arm and not her face, which I'm assuming you'd want to be the subject. I think it's also the way the background mingles with the underside of her arm which is what brings my eye there for some reason, as if it's highlighting it somehow. Still a nice portrait though :)

Most reactions

Back