Is the Casio EXILIM EX-FH20 good for product shots?

hyperforlife91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,
I am new at graphic design and photography. I really need a camera that can give me great product shots (great zoom, resolution).

I found this camera online and it isn't very expensive but seems to look good.

However, I called Casio and they said that while it looks like a DSLR, it is really a point-and-shoot camera.

So is this camera good enough for my needs? Or should I get a DSLR?

Here is the link to the product:
Casio Exilim High-Speed Digital Cameras: EX-FH20

Thank you for helping this newb out! :)

well product photography is more about lighting, so make sure you have a decent lighting set-up

Hi there! Thanks for your reply. My apartment is on the 2nd floor (lobby not included) and I get plenty of sunlight up there. I read a lot of guides on this and they said that a light box or a tent setup would be best.

Those photography tents don't seem very expensive on ebay. I just want a camera that can help me catch details without blurring. The camera I have now is really bad. Whenever I get close or zoom in, you cannot see anything except for a blur. Thank you! :)

with the risk of sounding like a infomercial... :er:

My wife bought me this camera last year for my birthday because she said I was always bothering the kids with the usual "Hold On!... just a quick picture, while they're all going: but Daddy AGAIN?! c'mon!..." - now I use t even more than my D-SLR gear... no joke. - you can't go wrong with this one - in any case if you live here in the US or Europe, you can always return it and get your money back - I know I didn't... (my wife would've killed me though, lol!!!)

Roswell...

PS I'm attaching a few shots for you to see... These flowers here, are finger size small! as you can see on the first one with the fly on it... 20X was used here and it is full extended and unless my eyes are deceiving me... I think is pretty great... these pictures are straight from the camera... no edits of any kind.

cimg7102.jpg

cimg8625version2.jpg

cimg8626version2.jpg

cimg8628version2.jpg

cimg8121.jpg

Last edited:
How close do you want to get? If you need very close pictures of small objects, take a look at Olympus cameras that have their "Super Macro". When I worked at Circuit City, I used to play with all of our display cameras. Olympus were always amazing for macro. I could literally put the lens against my watch's crystal and take a picture of the face. Absolutely amazing. Honestly, I don't know much about Casio. We only had one model at the store and it was a cheapy-cheapy. I hear that their cameras have ceramic lenses. I always wondered how that effects their clarity and what-not.

-Ray

Most reactions

New Topics

Back