Is the goal to have the lowest ISO possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what kind of lighting conditions were you working in?
4 afternoon cloudy sun peaking through behind me. The shots are on the panning thread.
had it that way pretty much all day though on and off. I think the max it hit was 1600 once (that I noticed) ill go through the photos and let you know for sure if you want..

So it sounds like a situation where the ISO generally wouldn't need to be that high, even if it happened to hit 1600 once.

Also... by your own admission, you are very new to this stuff. Odds are pretty good that if the high ISO adversely affected your images, you would either not be aware of it, or not aware of the degree of damage caused. No offense, but you're not the best use case here.

I think I just did. :lol:

You have been duly reported to Terri for this one. :spank:

hahaha

And what kind of lighting conditions were you working in?
4 afternoon cloudy sun peaking through behind me. The shots are on the panning thread.
had it that way pretty much all day though on and off. I think the max it hit was 1600 once (that I noticed) ill go through the photos and let you know for sure if you want..

So it sounds like a situation where the ISO generally wouldn't need to be that high, even if it happened to hit 1600 once.

Also... by your own admission, you are very new to this stuff. Odds are pretty good that if the high ISO adversely affected your images, you would either not be aware of it, or not aware of the degree of damage caused. No offense, but you're not the best use case here.

I think I just did. :lol:

You have been duly reported to Terri for this one. :spank:

hahaha
For me, really depends on what im doing. if im concentrating on something else (not good images) like yesterday and it has room to float with the lighting ill let it. I tend to concentrate on one thing at a time often. With that camera, just screwing off, I don't get to concerned unless it stays higher. floats under eight hundred good enough to serve the purpose.

I realize given all the possibilities that the answer is no, but hypothetically, all other things being equal, should the ISO be the last thing I adjust to allow the light in. Maybe a better way to ask, should ISO be the last thing I go to to get the right exposure for the shot?

Short answer, yes. Higher ISO adds noise, so if you can get the shot you need without using higher ISO then do it.

I don't think we need to revitalize this thread as it has been very clearly analyzed and discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back