Is the Gossen Luna Pro SBC meter any good?

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've never used a hand held before. Always depended on the internal meter. I refuse to spend the $300 + for an LCD "modern" meter with all the bells and whistles. I just want something that will guide me through situations with lenses the camera meter will not work. I think Gossen makes quality stuff? Yeah, I'm a film guy... :oops:

railman44 said:
I've never used a hand held before. Always depended on the internal meter. I refuse to spend the $300 + for an LCD "modern" meter with all the bells and whistles. I just want something that will guide me through situations with lenses the camera meter will not work. I think Gossen makes quality stuff? Yeah, I'm a film guy... :oops:

Railman, no shame in being a film guy! :lol:

Here's a link:

http://www.photographyreview.com/Light,Meters/Gossen,Luna-Pro,sbc/PRD_84261_3115crx.aspx

Although I haven't worked with this model (I have a Minolta IV and a Pentax Spotmeter) it seems like will serve you well in a multitude of situations. And yes, Gossen always made great stuff.

Gossen light meters are legendary. Accurate and sensitive though I have to admit I found them awkward to use but it's a personal thing.
My choice is a Sekonic in the studio and an old Weston Euro for pose value :)

Most reactions

Back