Is the Yongnuo 565ex a good entry level flash for the Canon T4i?

Joel1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy my first flash unit for my Canon T4i but with limited resourses my budget is about $150. Most of the information I have read or heard about the YongNuo 565ex seems to indicate that it is a sturdy and reliable piece of equipment and while not having all the features of it's more expensive cousins it seems like a lot of flash for the money...I intend to use it mostly for indoor photgraphs of family, kids and babies ...

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

It's more than just entry level. I'd say for your budget it's a pretty darned good choice.

I ended up buying the YN565ex on ebay for $143... I should have it in a few days... After ordering it I read a bunch more reviews about it ..and quite a few were negative( these were about a year or so old)...so I ended up buying the 3 years warranty from ebay for $20...my first warranty...covers shipping, has a lemon clause and specifys a turn around time...I hope it will be a good flash...

I ordered one from my Nikon D5100, I have seen these as well, but don't worry too much I think, as I've heard also that the quality control has gone up, and you hear about negative problems more often anyways. I actually look forward to getting mine.

How has yours been?

I ordered one from my Nikon D5100, I have seen these as well, but don't worry too much I think, as I've heard also that the quality control has gone up, and you hear about negative problems more often anyways. I actually look forward to getting mine.

How has yours been?

I enjoy my ttl and manual Yongnuo's. A little plastic feeling next to a Canon equivalent...but not toy grade by far. Love the flashes.

I ended up buying the YN565ex on ebay for $143... I should have it in a few days... After ordering it I read a bunch more reviews about it ..and quite a few were negative( these were about a year or so old)...so I ended up buying the 3 years warranty from ebay for $20...my first warranty...covers shipping, has a lemon clause and specifys a turn around time...I hope it will be a good flash...

Hi Joel

How is the YN565 working with your T4i? I just purchased one and it seems to be over exposing with my T4i. I have to wonder if it is really compatible with the T4i. None of the YN advertisements say that it is.

James

go into your settings and turn your flash exposure down some. im curious how well the af assist is with them.

Most reactions

Back