Is there a photo here?

I really like the browns, and I think the light is very nice, but I don't feel that this shot is telling us anything. Essentially there are only two distinct elements in the shot, not counting the wall and floor. Perhaps if there was something else in the scene, or some other factor that would help convey a thought or feeling.

Yes, it reminds me of this one from Walker Evans (mods: This appears in the FSA/OWI archive call number LC-USF342- 000889-A. As a work for hire by the US Government it is not subject to copyright and is, as far as the Library of Congress has been able to determine, otherwise unencumbered).

View attachment 31966

Nice example Amolitor

Well, I went back armed with tripod.
ISO 125, F11, 4.5 seconds
After a lot of thought, I decided to finalize this one following Invisable's suggestion

Oh yeah, and those that asked for the chair to be repostioned? It was a no-go. The curator asked that vistors don't touch the props.
Any comments on the PP?

View attachment 32565

It's got a lot of the right elements. I think it's "good", but won't ever be "great". The chair is a little odd... the door and wall are a little too plain/perfect.

Still, I think it's good.

Oh just ignore me.

The most important thing, I think, is that you saw this and identified it as having potential.

Thanks Jeff. I thought I kept going back to this to this for a reason. :wink:

Federico, no reason to take it down. I'm honored you took the time to experiment. I also played with the B&W idea. I've been torn between the two.

Runnah, I'm not too sure I agree. In this case I wanted to keep the chair and wood grained wall in sharp focus. Thanks for the comment. Maybe others will agree with you and open my vision.

Neither the wall, nor the chair are going anywhere, so what's to hurt pulling it out a bit from the wall, using a little more aperture and longer shutter and having both?

I didn't read far enough down but it appears you did that anyway...:wink:

Thanks Jeff. I thought I kept going back to this to this for a reason. :wink:

Federico, no reason to take it down. I'm honored you took the time to experiment. I also played with the B&W idea. I've been torn between the two.

Runnah, I'm not too sure I agree. In this case I wanted to keep the chair and wood grained wall in sharp focus. Thanks for the comment. Maybe others will agree with you and open my vision.

Neither the wall, nor the chair are going anywhere, so what's to hurt pulling it out a bit from the wall, using a little more aperture and longer shutter and having both?

I can see and respect their point. Walking through these historic buildings is like walking through a museum. If they allowed things to be moved around, there would soon be kids climbing all over the stuff. If I could have moved things, there was a very interesting 3 legged chair, in the next room, I would have put here. Unfortunately, the 3-legged chair is back in a cramped, uninteresting corner.

Most reactions

Back