Is there a website that shows comparisons of pictures taken by different cameras?

dreamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comparisons of the same scenic view taken by different cameras.

ac12

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
WHAT are you looking for?

One problem is, the lens could/will affect the image as much or more than the camera itself.
I put a pro grade 70-200 lens on my D7200, and the images were like from another camera. It was sooo much better, compared to the standard 18-140 lens. I did not have to upgrade the camera, I needed to upgrade the lens, to get the most out of the camera.

Another is that you cannot see the effect of HIGH rez/MP unless you crop deep into the image.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I doubt there is. Would you want to lug several thousand cameras around? And is there any way to take the same scene with each one of them before the light changes enough to negate your results?

AlanKlein

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Check out Digital Photo Review. They review everything and you can actually select different pictures and compare one to another for each camera.

Strodav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not exactly what you asked for, but I use DxOMark.com camera sensor rankings.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this question can be rephrased as: "What's the best camera?" The problem you'll run into is when comparing two cameras capturing the same scene... one will produce an image more to your liking. For that scene.

For all the others, it may or may not. In other words, a camera with a max ISO of 6400 may be perfectly fine for landscapes, but when you really need higher ISOs for sporting events or BIFs, your 'ideal' camera will fail miserably. Also, the settings used in the cameras will most likely not be the ones you would have used.

So what is the best camera? There is no one answer. If there truly was ONE 'best' camera, it would be the only one on the market and the question would be moot.

What's the best camera for you? You need to do your own research. Yes, reading reviews and on-line comparisons is fine. But you need to figure out what features you will need in your camera in order to achieve the results you want. Find which makes and models have those features, then go hands-on with them to see which ones work best in your hands. Model A may have all the bells and whistles you need, but if setting it up the way you need it to be is clunky and time-consuming, look at Model B. If Model B makes it easy to work, then there's your best camera.

RAZKY

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Comparisons of the same scenic view taken by different cameras.
You're not likely to learn anything about any camera/lens performance by viewing images on a monitor.

cgw

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another "what color socks should I wear today" drive-by posts? Hmmm.

Warfarin

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
As mentioned in previous post Digitial Photo Review does some comparison photos.

RacePhoto

Pete
Reaction score
Website
peteklinger.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another "what color socks should I wear today" drive-by posts? Hmmm.

Yes it appears that way, and for the second part, Green and Gold if it's Sunday. Always Packers, all the time. :loyal:

Packers cow wide x100.gif

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics