Is there an alternative to PocketWizard ?

You could always sell your current flash units and get a Canon 600EX-RT setup instead - that gives you radio wireless control with individual flash power settings; you can then get the control unit or just use a flash on the camera for the control point.

Granted that is going to be more costly, but it might prove to be easier to work with in the long run (FAR less cables and attachments and no need to worry about extra batteries for the transceivers).

You could always sell your current flash units and get a Canon 600EX-RT setup instead - that gives you radio wireless control with individual flash power settings; you can then get the control unit or just use a flash on the camera for the control point.

Granted that is going to be more costly, but it might prove to be easier to work with in the long run (FAR less cables and attachments and no need to worry about extra batteries for the transceivers).

I am not sure what will change if I will buy this new Canon flash? I am currently using 580ii.
I was not planning to use on camera flash that is why I was looking to purchase pocketwizart type trancereceiver so that I can have control of my wireless speedlights . I hope I am not confusing in my explanation.

What kind of light are you using? If you're using a speedlight you can look into the Pixel Kings or Phottix Odins.

Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Sony TX/RX Set is 329.00 not cheap at all. If I would spend this amount I guess I would better of getting pocketwizard.
Amazon.com : Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Sony TX/RX Set : Camera Flash Synch Cords : Electronics.

Thank you for the info!
Will continue researching
Sorry, but I would have to disagree. For what you are wanting them to do and do reliably that isn't all that expensive.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT - Speedlite Flash - Canon UK

Canon Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT - Speedlite Flash - Canon UK

The new 600EX RT has a built in radio transmitter. So you can use a 600EX RT in a multiple flash setup with other 600EX RT flashes to control them or you can use the ST-E3-RT on the camera whilst having the flashes positioned around. It basically means you don't need a Pocket-Wizard or other setup in addition to the flash units.

Have a read of some reviews on the flash and compare the specific features of radio control that they offer.

Yonguno yn-622c are what you need, you can control the power output of multiple flashes from the flash menu on the camera

Yonguno yn-622c are what you need, you can control the power output of multiple flashes from the flash menu on the camera

That sounds very interesting !!!!!

Are u sure? Then I will definitely read Specs of this particular trancereceiver.

That sounds very interesting !!!!!

Are u sure? Then I will definitely read Specs of this particular trancereceiver.

Yes absolutely as long as your camera is compatible. I have used them myself. Read here for details:
YongNuo YN-622C ETTL Trigger Review | FLASH HAVOC

i will definitely consider 622c, I am using canon 5d mark 3 with flash 580 ii.
Thank you for the valuable info!!!

Thank you everyone for your input. I have purchased Yonguno yn-622c, it worked fine and the most important part it was easy to control the output light from the camera menue.
Thank you everyone and especially Rclarke for your informative post based on which I made my choice, it was not easy……

cybercync...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Too late , I already purchased 622c. This product was unavailable 2,weeks ago

Most reactions

New Topics

Back