Is there anyone out there that knows how to do Brochures/Rack Cards

Blue Eye Liquify

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been working on making a brochure for a business and im trying to make it with photoshop. When I work with photoshop I usually do alot of picture editing. So im not really sure how to go about trying to just make a brochure. How do I create backgrounds?

How do I create backgrounds?
I'm not really sure what you are asking. :scratch:

Do you know how to work with layers in photoshop?

You mean something like this?

coloursofnature2.jpg

Yeah I do know how to work with layers. And im making an advertising brochure for a business. Basically do I start with just a plain background made on photoshop? or do I need to photograph something for a background?

Yeah pretty similar to that. But it would be an advertising brochure. Like that had the prices and all there information.

I'm thinking photoshop isn't the best program to use to make brochures. you might be better off using InDesign or even Illustrator (which is what I use to make brochures, but only because we dont have InDesign).

I usually make my fliers and brochures using Microsoft Publisher... It already provides to template to create things like card, brochures, etc.. Hummm maybe you can create your design in Photoshop and then copy and paste it into a program like publisher... hummm

Illustrator is a more appropriate program for graphic design in the sense that you can apply real measurements to every margin, spacing, logo and photo sizes. If this level of precision is not really necessary, photoshop alone is sufficient for compiling photos and text to make a brochure.

Whether you start a new plain background or photograph something for use as a background all depends on your desgin concept.

If your brochure will be a montage, or collection of a series of photo, it should be better you decide on a canvas size first and open a blank page. Then you can drag photos onto it, scale and rotate them and add text - your title, your prices...

Last edited:
I'm a designer full time and work with Adobe's Creative Suite very closely. You can make brochures with any program as long as you know what you are doing. I sometimes use Photoshop to create graphical pieces because of the freedom it gives you with all the advanced controls and effects.

Blue Eye, email me and I can help you make one.

Im sorry Bdavis im not really sure to go about emailing you. Thats embarassing to say, this is the first time i've ever really been involved on any kind of forum.

But that would be so awesome if you could help me with this. I've been working on a few different things but there really just not turning out professional looking. But since it's for a business I don't want to do a job that looks unprofessional in any way.
Thank you again,

I'm a designer full time and work with Adobe's Creative Suite very closely. You can make brochures with any program as long as you know what you are doing. I sometimes use Photoshop to create graphical pieces because of the freedom it gives you with all the advanced controls and effects.

Blue Eye, email me and I can help you make one.

Indeed, it's all about knowing how to use the tools.

Personally I'd probably use QuarkXpress for the bulk of the work ( or indesign - I'm a Quark user though ) but it's definatly totally doable in Photoshop or Illustrator. Despite it's name Photoshop is capable of doing a huge range of things, most graphical designers will mainly use it without touching a photograph ( or if they do only as a graphical element ) and produce awsome work with it.

No worries, I'd be happy to help, thats what forums are for...helping people!

If you want to email me, my email is [email protected]

Indeed, it's all about knowing how to use the tools.

Personally I'd probably use QuarkXpress for the bulk of the work ( or indesign - I'm a Quark user though ) but it's definatly totally doable in Photoshop or Illustrator. Despite it's name Photoshop is capable of doing a huge range of things, most graphical designers will mainly use it without touching a photograph ( or if they do only as a graphical element ) and produce awsome work with it.

Agreed...I use Photoshop often times as my main graphics program just because of it's versatility. If you know what you are doing, you can do literally everything in it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back