Is there such an ailment as "photographer's arm" or "wrist" or "elbow?"

If a forum member on an automobile repair forum writes in to say that a heavy jack dropped on his foot and because it was a piece of an automotive tool someone on the auto forum should know the answer, would you say that was a silly question?

When members here ask questions about legal issues, when they should be consulting their attorneys, there's a rush to tell them to do just that.

Asking photographers to diagnosis the exact issue and remedy for a vaguely defined physical injury is in the same category of silliness.

You assume too much. Being as that 99% of people on this forum do in fact have other occupations, who's to say that they don't have the knowledge to answer the question. I'm a certified personal trainer as well, and deal with injuries all the time and the treatment of them, I've also spent a lot of years working with physiotherapists.

Sometimes asking the questions will get you the answers.

Bored at Airport, going to sit and enjoy this thread! Getting very interesting. I voting for arm cancer:)

staticmap

Amolitor---you're wife is due TOMORROW!!! Is she in labor yet?! Post pics!

Not sure about "photographer's arm, wrist or elbow", but I'm pretty sure I've gotten something called "TPF Eye Twitch".

It happens whenever I read baloney from poseurs pretending to be experts in matters they are not, and it seems to be happening quite a bit lately.
th_eyetwitch.gif

Not sure about "photographer's arm, wrist or elbow", but I'm pretty sure I've gotten something called "TPF Eye Twitch".

It happens whenever I read baloney from poseurs pretending to be experts in matters they are not, and it seems to be happening quite a bit lately.
th_eyetwitch.gif

It's not new, it's been going on for a very long time, and not likely ever going to change.

^^^ no, that's more like 15.

fap, wait 10 minutes, fap, wait ten minutes, fap ....

at his age it's more like fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap....... give up.

Maybe the OP and Larry the Cable Guy can start a class action lawsuit.

"I'm gonna sue Hustler Magazine for giving my wrist carpal tunnel." - Larry the Cable Guy

That would be an ad by some Law Firm on late night TV that I would love to watch. You know it would be better than this.

Call the Law Firm of Wackit, Beatit & Spankit, L.L.C. NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same as tennis elbow.. it happened to me after lifting my gripped nikon + 70-200 to my eye for 8 hours during a race once. It took a while for it to heal.

Sounds like "tennis elbow".

Yes, "tennis elbow" is actually enflamed tendons caused by either repetitive use or banging the elbow against something. It can also lead quickly to arthritis in the elbow joint which makes matters worse. Enflamed tendons take months to heal. A brace is recommended for your elbow as well as cold compresses or ice wrapped in cloth.

If a forum member on an automobile repair forum writes in to say that a heavy jack dropped on his foot and because it was a piece of an automotive tool someone on the auto forum should know the answer, would you say that was a silly question?

When members here ask questions about legal issues, when they should be consulting their attorneys, there's a rush to tell them to do just that.

Asking photographers to diagnosis the exact issue and remedy for a vaguely defined physical injury is in the same category of silliness.

You seem to forget that photographers are not being asked but rather people who do photography and although some may have limited background and education, others have both. Through a law suit that lasted 5 years, I have learned a considerable amount about both the law, medicine, and trauma. In the process I read $20,000 worth of photocopied medical and legal documents that represented thousands of pages and yes I did understand it.

People who do photography have also sustained diseases and injuries and undergone medical procedures, so why not ask?

The only "silliness" was from some of the responses.

The only "silliness" was from some of the responses.

How is the suggestion that self pleasure caused an injury silly?

Most reactions

Back