Is There Too Much in this Photo?

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't posted any photos lately... went out taking some photos last night and I remembered seeing this house and the reflections, so I went back to the same spot to take a picture... I picked out the best one.

I used a 10-20mm Sigma lens for this picture. ISO 400, 25 seconds and F 4.0.

What do you think? :oops:

IMG_1475ccopy.jpg

Better (in my opinion) if viewed in the larger scale.

Anyone have anything to say? :O

I think the house with the reflection would be great if you could get to the shore. The trees in the foreground are too distracting for me. Also cropping out the lights on the left would help.

Just my 2 cents...

I think that there are too many trees but I think that it would look a lot better in a night shot black and white. That's how I do my house portraits.

I think the house with the reflection would be great if you could get to the shore. The trees in the foreground are too distracting for me. Also cropping out the lights on the left would help.

Just my 2 cents...

Hmmm... If I am out there next, I will try to get to the shore. The thing is, it was pure dark, and I couldn't see what was near the shore... it looked like grass-type stuff, but it was all packed down and I didn't know if it was water mixed in with the stuff or not. It was a downhill slope thing so that would have been hard.

I figured there were too many trees, haha, thanks for the 2nd opinion. This helps for taking better photos.

Black and white? Hmmm, interesting. I would try that one in day-light, I think.

Just my 2 cents...

Ditto!

Hmmm... If I am out there next, I will try to get to the shore. The thing is, it was pure dark, and I couldn't see what was near the shore... it looked like grass-type stuff, but it was all packed down and I didn't know if it was water mixed in with the stuff or not. It was a downhill slope thing so that would have been hard.

I figured there were too many trees, haha, thanks for the 2nd opinion. This helps for taking better photos.

Black and white? Hmmm, interesting. I would try that one in day-light, I think.

Maybe you should bring a flashlight with you the next time you take pictures out in the woods :). As for b&w night photos, well I have tried that a few times but I just find them too boring I mean what I like about night photography is the lighting and the colors from all those street lights, cars and buildings but that's just me though.

Take out the ax and get rid of them trees, or get closer with a wider angle lens....what ever is cheaper. Those trees killed the photo

I will borrow an axe and do this. Lol. then I will get into trouble, but it might be well worth the pic. Nah, I think I'll try to find a better opening, damn now I want to try to get a better pic of this!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back