Is this a D5000 Sensor problem/failure?

UFLGator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I got back from a wildlife viewing outing with the family. While reviewing the photos, I noticed a very small dot that didn't look like it belonged in the photo. I checked a couple other photos, taken with different lenses, and found the same dot on them. While it is small, it concerns me that the sensor may have an area or areas going bad. I checked the lenses just to make sure, and they are clean, and I locked the mirror up to check the sensor, and I didn't see anything visible on it.... But that is an awefully small dot, so im not sure it isn't a speck or dust...

Anyone have any experience with this? I tried searching for "D5000 sensor" spot, problem, failure etc... and found nothing that mentions anything like this. Here is the photo I noticed it in with a tight crop to really make it visible...

DSC_1664 by UFLGator, on Flickr

and the crop...

EDIT-DSC_1664 by UFLGator, on Flickr

Am I being overly concerned. I kinda want to know what the problem, mostly likely, is before i take it in or send it out for repair...

UFLGator

Looks kinda like a dead pixel brosef stalin.

"hot pixel". Actually it is probably a small block of pixels, like a 4x4 pixel group, something like that. This used to be more common than it is today. It takes one click of the clone stamp to get rid of it. But it is kind of annoying.

there should be a pixel mapping somewhere in you camera menu find it and run it, it should fix the problem

Most reactions

New Topics

Back