Is this a good camera?

liveinsurrealism

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I just lost a bid on ebay for a pentax k-1000 that I have been doing for a week about the time I joined this sight:(
But now that i think about it I might want to leap right into the digital abyss. I found a Nikon N75 on ebay for one 121 dollars.

camera.jpg

Is this a good camera? Do you know of any better cameras I might be able to find that are 200 dollars or under? Help greatly appreciated.

The N75 is a dandy “starter” SLR that is more than capable. For a few extra bucks though, I would recommend an N80 instead.

The N80 will give you the following advantages over the N75:

Larger viewfinder coverage
Faster flash sync
Faster max shutter speed
Selectable viewfinder grid lines (very helpful when composing)

Just my .02

If you're going to go with an entry-level Canon or Nikon, remember that if you get the more modern AF lenses, they'll fit right on whatever digital you (may) end up with. The N80 is a good choice, as are the N or F 90, 100 etc. This is a good time to buy these cameras as a lot of people who would have owned one, would now switch to a digital compact. I picked up an F55 the other day, brand new (but lost box and packaging) for about £35. It was plasticy, but it's fully compatible with say the D50 in terms of lenses.

There's also Canon's Elan and similar mid-range and entry-level cameras to consider.

Rob

liveinsurrealism said:
I might want to leap right into the digital abyss. I found a Nikon N75 on ebay for one 121 dollars.

Just checking, you do realize this is a film camera, not digital, right?

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back