is this a good flash for my D50?

V.Alonso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone

i know this has proably been asked a million times, but i just cant find a thread that answers my questiuon about this particular flash.

i was looking into the nikon SB-600

also for my art class at school i will need to take studio style photos of a model(my bro's g/f) and would like to get any recomendation for lighting kits/ off camera flashes

TIA :D

V.Alonso said:
hello everyone

i know this has proably been asked a million times, but i just cant find a thread that answers my questiuon about this particular flash.

i was looking into the nikon SB-600

also for my art class at school i will need to take studio style photos of a model(my bro's g/f) and would like to get any recomendation for lighting kits/ off camera flashes

TIA :D
The flash is meant for the DSLR's so fine match for the camera.

As for the studio work. When I was in school they had a studio with lights and backgrounds you could schedule to use. Might look into this. If not it really depends on how much you have to spend.

thanks, as far as studio at my school, there is none, however i know my art teacher very well whicch is why he lets me do my own photography thing other than what the others are doing which is just a regular art class, so i would have to set the 'studio' up myself in a room at school and at my house

im looking to spen no more then $300 on a studio lighting kit

I just got the sb 600 myself, it's a great flash, still don't know everything about as I haven't had the time to play, but I do know that it has wireless slave capabilities for off camera flash. Great for backlighting.

Ken Rockwell has a big write up here:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb600.htm

I also picked up Lumiquest's pocket bouncer for it, for when you can't bounce off ceilings,I also made a velcro strap for it out of velcro, an elastic strap and thread.

Also, I have never bought any lights, yet, but check around adorama or amazon, I bet you could easily get some lights, stands and umbrellas for 300

thanks, yea ive beel looking on B&H and adorama as i have delt with adorama, but i relly dont know whatim getting into, im thinking of just getting 2 lights with umbrellas and going from there

t5hanks again:cheers:

Most reactions

Back