Is this a good or bad picture?

Ryan358

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted it to instagram, but now I'm regretting that. Is this picture any good?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
I posted it to instagram, but now I'm regretting that. Is this picture any good?
You have to ask this question really yourself; if you are happy with it.
There are no rules for that, what is pretty, what's not. According to methods used in photography to "copy" the reality as good as possible this picture is not there. But leave this rules to guys making architectural and product photography, no one else is playing with this rules 100%. Usually photographers make the world in their pictures prettier than it was or shoot to express their feelings and vision. Just look around this website (if you ever come back here) to see, what I mean. If the picture you created makes your juices flow, it is good shot. Actually you achieved here nice flow of lines and your choice of colours is showing deep texture (in places, where the image is sharp).

I like the lighting. If you could make a smoother transition from the in focus to the out of focus part that would be nice, even for a aperture hog like me it is a bit rough.

yeah that's weird...I can see it now. I think it is a fine picture. Certainly nothing to be ashamed about posting to instagram :D It has an interesting texture, but I would like to see it without the blur...with the whole piece of wood in focus.

yeah that's weird...I can see it now. I think it is a fine picture. Certainly nothing to be ashamed about posting to instagram :D It has an interesting texture, but I would like to see it without the blur...with the whole piece of wood in focus.

Agreed

As far as I'm concerned, no
It seems pointless.
The most prominent half is severely out of focus and that knothole, which seems like it might be the center of interest is out of focus also.

Is this picture any good?

I think it would help if you decided what it is that you wanted the photograph to do.

I see a significant portion of the wood being out of focus, and some strange color renderings. The composition is nothing special.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back