Is this a good price for this camera ??

But like I said before . . . my budget is $400 dlls , and it seems to me that so far this is the best deal , since it's a newer model , than the Canon's I have seen for the same price , but I could be wrong , I don't know jack about cameras . . . what do you think ??
So a 2008 Harley davidson must be better than a 1970 that has been kept in perfect condition?

or...
a 28" tv made last year must be better than a 42" made 3 years ago?

Newer doesn't mean better
One of the best cameras available is the Canon 1Ds III which was released in 2007, Sure it is only 3 years old ATM but it will still be one of the top of the line cameras in the next 5 - 10 years...

Honestly, If your wanting a simple camera with no fuss of changing lens' Fixing settings etc...
It sounds like youd be better with a Compact in honesty....
You say noise is a problem? Canon G10 Powershot is a pretty decent camera tbh

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Powersh...ZTPY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1249208022&sr=8-5

currently $60 over your budget... but if you want simple but effective this is the way to go tbh..

But if you do plan on getting a dslr then this is still only at $305 http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-XSi-450d-w-18-55-IS-lens-lightly-used-NR_W0QQitemZ230361090093QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item35a297482d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
which is a bargain considering new that generally costs $785 (£470 to usd since i paid £470 for mines... The auction above is £200 therefore your getting £300 off aka $500.)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh no dude . . . do not get me wrong , I am asking for advise , you see I have been looking on craiglist , ebay and even on the newspaper , the fact of the matter is that I will never ever spend more than $400 dlls on a camera , I know . . . What you must think

But I got to be honest even if I really get into this very interesting world of photography , I can never justify investing more than $400 on a camera , I just can't

In fact I am really debating if I get the A100 which is $300+ or an A200 which is $400 exactly

I was thinking long and hard about this last night , and I really do think that what ever I buy it will be my camera for at least 2 years , I know I want something better than a point and shoot , why ?? I really don't know , I just know I want a digital SLR :blushing:

Hope you get my point and recommend something less than $400

p.s. And no I know newer is not better , in fact I will trade both of my bikes for a 1948 panhead that I like , and I will even give money if needed ;)

So I went this Sunday to Target to buy some stuff , and I was looking around the Electronics department , and guess what I found ??

I bought a brand new in box with warranty , never opened , Sony A200k for $249.99 plus tax , it was on clearance !!

Not bad huh ?? I have not taken any pics , like a total newbie I did not bought any CF card :blushing: I went back today , but it seems they only sell the 50x CF cards , and it says in the box to use a at least 133x

I bought a brand new in box with warranty , never opened , Sony A200k for $249.99 plus tax , it was on clearance !!

Reading the review on DPReviews it seems like a pretty solid entry level camera... fairly competitive with my D60.

Congrats!

ps if that's you in your avatar, you must look kinda out of place at target. ;)

Reading the review on DPReviews it seems like a pretty solid entry level camera... fairly competitive with my D60.

Congrats!

ps if that's you in your avatar, you must look kinda out of place at target. ;)
hahahaha yeap , I look out of place almost everywhere I go :(

Thank God most of the time my wife makes it easier for me , as if I walk in by myself they will act weird , but if I walk in with her , people act different , and it gets even better when I am with all my family , wife , my kid and my lil' Princess ;)

69866988.jpg

Good deal!

Hope we will get to see some of your photos.
Yeap . . . just give me a couple of days , I just figured out how to turned it on !! :blushing:

Last edited:
hah you look badass :)
I'd use it to my advantage tbh... "I want this camera for $200 no more okay! and i want a free CF card!"

Oh my god... Compact flash is so bloody dear...
I got a 16 gb SD card for my camera for just under £20 ($30.)

Amazon.com: Sandisk 4GB ULTRA II Compact Flash (SDCFH-4096, Bulk Package): Electronics theres a 4 gig CF card for $15.
LOL hehehe

I keep out of trouble this days , spent most of my youth (I am 34 believe it or not) going in and out of jail , not fun at all , I do not drink , smoke or do anything (hope you know what I mean hehe)

Ok . . . so now I need a CF , it's a 4gb right for me ??

Is that Ultra II any good ?? what should I look for in a CF ??

How many X does the compact flash has to be ??

Are 133X enough ?? is there a real , noticeable difference between a 200X and a 133X or even a 150X ??

Any brand or model in particular that you guys might recommend ??

Last edited:
tbh I dont know anything about CF cards but im guessing the ***X is the write speed meaning higher ***x = quicker image writing (dont take my word for it, only a guess)

Edit: Cofirmed, 133x is 20mb/s meaning you can fit about 2 images (10mp = 10mb) every 1 second (based on RAW format image but im assuming you will use .jpg format which is lower in file size meaning you can still get your fps.)
so to get your 3fps capability you need a 200x flash but that is only if your using burst mode (taking allot of image in 1 second which i doubt you will do so a 133x should be efficient for you

You will also need a CF reader so you can put images onto your comuter.

have a read here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CompactFlash

Type II is thinner than a type I (type I is cheaper because it is 1.8mm thicker...)

I recommend buying this reader: http://cgi.ebay.com/23-in-1-FOR-Memory-Card-Reader-Compact-Flash-XD-SD-MMC_W0QQitemZ200367770808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item2ea6d98cb8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
it has ports for SD cards etc... too pretty good device (buy it soon tho ends in 4 hours)

I recommend TRYING to get these cards
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Lot-o...ards?hash=item2555b93887&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
thats 20GB in total for the price of an 8gb

if you cant get that then i recommend this one (8gb) http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingston-Elite-...ards?hash=item2ea6e7dc1f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So, Tripper, you're a ***** disguised as a panther, hey. :lmao:

That's ok. Most of us do calm down eventually. The only colors I wear today belong to BACA if you know the group.

I see you are sporting what looks like POW/MIA pins. Are you a vet?

tbh I dont know anything about CF cards but im guessing the ***X is the write speed meaning higher ***x = quicker image writing (dont take my word for it, only a guess)

Edit: Cofirmed, 133x is 20mb/s meaning you can fit about 2 images (10mp = 10mb) every 1 second (based on RAW format image but im assuming you will use .jpg format which is lower in file size meaning you can still get your fps.)
so to get your 3fps capability you need a 200x flash but that is only if your using burst mode (taking allot of image in 1 second which i doubt you will do so a 133x should be efficient for you

You will also need a CF reader so you can put images onto your comuter.

have a read here CompactFlash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Type II is thinner than a type I (type I is cheaper because it is 1.8mm thicker...)

I recommend buying this reader: http://cgi.ebay.com/23-in-1-FOR-Memory-Card-Reader-Compact-Flash-XD-SD-MMC_W0QQitemZ200367770808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Drives_Storage_Internal?hash=item2ea6d98cb8&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
it has ports for SD cards etc... too pretty good device (buy it soon tho ends in 4 hours)

I recommend TRYING to get these cards
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Lot-of-10-Compact-Flash-Cards-2GB_W0QQitemZ160351991943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Camera_Memory_Cards?hash=item2555b93887&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
thats 20GB in total for the price of an 8gb

if you cant get that then i recommend this one (8gb) http://cgi.ebay.com/Kingston-Elite-Pro-133X-8GB-CF-Compact-Flash-Card-8-GB_W0QQitemZ200368708639QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDigital_Camera_Memory_Cards?hash=item2ea6e7dc1f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Thanks for all the info dude . . . I got this card last night , hope I didn't make a mistake :( : LINK

That's ok. Most of us do calm down eventually. The only colors I wear today belong to BACA if you know the group.

Yes I know the group , I am from a club named Solo Angels MC (google black biscuit operation;)) , and no I am not a Vet , my Daddy (RIP) was a Marine for 43 freakin years , my brother has made 2 trips to Irak and he was on desert storm , so you bet I support our armed forces . . . hooah

I was born and raised in L.A. California , my mom is from Mexico and I was going back and forth (to Tijuana Mexico) , now I have a bit of trouble and I do not go to the States as often as before :blushing: but if you ever in my neck of the woods , just PM me so I can give you my number , I have a Vonage phone here in Tijuana with a 619 (San Diego) area number

I am from a club named Solo Angels MC (google black biscuit operation;)) , and no I am not a Vet , my Daddy (RIP) was a Marine for 43 freakin years , my brother has made 2 trips to Irak and he was on desert storm , so you bet I support our armed forces . . . hooah

:thumbup:

Thanks for the invite but I've only been to California twice. I'm looking at moving right now because I can't stand the area I'm in but I doubt I'll leave the east coast. I have good friends in Europe and a lot of my work happens there so it's easier and cheaper from this side of the country. But, one never knows...

In the meantime, hope to see some of your photos soon.

Bikers Against Child Abuse - BACA International Website ?

Bikers against child abuse? Good on you :D

And Solo Angels motorcycle club?
Im guessing from you saying that you tend to keep out of trouble now that you dont but have you ever commited any of the: activities Drug trafficking, arms dealing, people smuggling, prostitution, extortion and murder

and thats a tight allie to have Hells Angels they are like the largest (or the most well known.)
Sorry if it feels a little intrusive but it is an interesting subject (although i myself am against Murder unless it is deserved (Pedophilia / Child rape / Rape / murder.)
The rest (drugs, Trafficking... aka getting the drugs.) are okay I guess as if someone wants to do drugs its their choice however i dont like when children get sold drugs, they are too young to understand imo. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back