Is this a SCAM

Richard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raeelle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife found this ad in craiglist, has anyone come across something like this? To me if feels like some kind of stupid scam or something.

Ad:
We are looking for photographers from Salisbury to the SC line and everywhere in between. Photograph houses in the area, email digital pictures to the office. Get paid every 2 weeks. Deadline oriented, flexible schedule-fit this in during a lunch hour, on the way home from work, or in between errands. Usually exterior pictures so bring the kids along for the ride-or even the dog! Take pictures from the car and email from the house. Cameraphone is fine to use as long as the resolution is good. Easy sign up and a great way to pick up some extra money at $20+/hour! This is a great opportunity to supplement your income before the holidays! Contact Jason at Collins Real Estate, [email protected] for more information. 919 865-3831

I don't know, but the same ad is on Craigslist where I live, as well.

Real Estate agents do need photos of houses they list...but this does sound a little weird.

Looks pretty darn fishy to me... if not just flat out strange.... If a camera phone from the window of the car is all they need, wouldn't be just as easy for the real estate agent to take the photo since they have to visit the house anyway?

here's a whois lookup on that domain:
Registrant:
Valley Appraisal Inc.
3573 Maitland Dr.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27610
United States

Registered through: Cheap-DomainRegistration.com
Domain Name: COLLINSRE.NET
Created on: 30-Aug-07
Expires on: 31-Aug-09
Last Updated on: 30-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:
Collins, Paul [email protected]
Valley Appraisal Inc.
3573 Maitland Dr.
United States
(919) 404-2252 Fax -- (919) 404-2260

Technical Contact:
Collins, Paul [email protected]
Valley Appraisal Inc.
3573 Maitland Dr.
United States
(919) 404-2252 Fax -- (919) 404-2260

Domain servers in listed order:
NS57.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS58.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Notice the creation date of 30-Aug-07.. it was just created less than a month ago. phone number given also doesn't match.

Someone that doesn't have a crying baby on their lap should call him and ask. I'm curious.

I tried to respond to the email address given and received a failure delivery notice. I did just sell my home and my real estate agency did send a freelance photographer to take photos of my house to display on their web site. The ad that I saw was in the Raleigh News and Observer.

I called; 919 865-3831, and got an answering machine for "JT Collins Real Estate", after a first machine picked up and said - "this extension does not answer."

I called the Valley Appraisal number and got a machine for Valley Appraisal.

The site isn't online.

Could be 'legit', but might be a hack outfit. Worth a call Monday just to listen to the -schpiel- if you're interested and local.

Some RE Brokers have photos professionally done or at least by someone else. I know, it's how I make my living. I do hold my quality to a higher level than haulin-as by in a dog-tailin, exhaust smoking, chevy truck with a campershell snapping shots with a cheap cell phone though. Sorry, but I had to throw that in. I've heard stories about some of the local competition around my part of the country.

I tried to e-mail him as well and it came back as a bad e-mail addy. I don't know what the scam is but it seams weird anyway.....

Most Realtors I know take their own.

Photography of this nature is what got me to take Photography class, Though different subject same thing (cars as opposed to houses) I needed to know how to use a camera to document damage to a vehicle prior to repair. Judging by the information there It seems like a new real estate agency trying to get up onto their feet, in witch case Hiring a photographer is not a bad idea, keeping up with the joneses so to speak. To make sure the ad pictures are equal to or better than the competition.

usayit, often times support numbers and business numbers are kept separate to keep general business calls separate from "help your web site is broked" calls.

I'd say try calling and see where it goes.

If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, and tastes like a scam, its probably a scam. Unless its on craigslist, then it is definitely a scam.

Im sorry, I have a problem with craigslist.

If it looks like a scam, and smells like a scam, and tastes like a scam, its probably a scam. Unless its on craigslist, then it is definitely a scam.

Im sorry, I have a problem with craigslist.
Really Why?

I enjoy craigslist its local and person to person, meet somewhere for a transaction, If you dont like the deal walk away. I like it a lot better than ebay. I have used craigslist many times. Its where I found my motorcycle, some rechargeable batteries, and the apartment that I am sitting in right now.

Actually I think I love craigslist, But if it looks like a scam, move on to something else. There plenty of great non scam deals to be had.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back