Is this any better?

Tonks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.soopahgal.com
Well, I decided to take the upright brushes out of the picture for now. Once I figure out how I want to rig the background for this I'll give those another try. But for now, they're gone.

Powderonly.jpg

Your work is wonderful. Wonder what it would look like with a bit of the top cropped out. :thumbsup:

My only gripe would be that there's too much powder on the table and on the brush. I know some women wear lots of makeup, but hey!

you know, a bit of diffuse light coming from a window from the right hand side might make it look a bit more real - this is kind of sterile... :D or a little out-of-focus patch of light in the top right corner coming from a desk light or (again) a window...??also, try to do a more gradual transition from the colour of the table to the black of the wall (if it's a wall), now you can see a kind of a "halo" around the elements - the previous one was done in a superb way! :mrgreen:

Um....let me think about that.... no.

It's there for a reason. And it's in the corner of the photo. I have a feeling you've never had an image stolen.

so what, you think the bigger the copyright is, the harder it's to delete? I mean it's your pic so do what ever you wanna do but I'd like it more with a decreased copyright. And yes, I've had an image stolen.

So, what you're telling me is, you have no other useful thing to say other than my copyright is too big. :roll:

And no, I don't think it's any harder to delete it if it's big or small. I think it's more obtrusive than some, and a lot less obtrusive than most.

Let me know when you have some photographic input mmmkay?

don't want no beef, I've already told you the pic is nice so the copyright was the only thing I didn't like. If you can't bear no critique don't put your stuff in the "critique gallery". And if you wanna see some of my pics just browse the forum... don't wanna comment that pic anymore.

Hey, I don't want any "beef" either. I just think it's weird to bother commenting at all about a photo, if the only thing you see wrong with it is something that is not even part of the photograph. I have no problem accepting critique on my photos.

Oh, and um, do you really talk like that? *snicker*

We don't see much product photography here and not a lot of pro work. Sometimes we need a little extra time to digest the image. :) That said, I really like it. Product photography is much harder than most people think. After looking at it for a while, I am wondering if it needs a tiny bit more light on the left side. I could be wrong but I would love to see it that way as well.

Also, is that a little glare on the powder container? In the middle between the flowers extending up towards the top lip and on the container just to the right of the top (side) of the brush. If so, I'm not sure how you would avoid it since I haven't taken a lighting class since high school and I think I slept through most of it. :lol: Everywhere else, you have done a great job avoiding hot spots.

Tonks said:
Oh, and um, do you really talk like that? *snicker*

I'm not exactly sure what you meant by this, but it comes off kinda rude. We have a lot of non-native-english speakers here, so I think it's best not judge anyone's way of writing or talking.

As to the image, I actually liked the additional brushes. How come you decided to take them out?

I am pretty sure he's a native speaker, otherwise, I wouldn't have commented. I was speaking about his seeming fondness for "gangsta talk". I have a hard time not laughing when people really think it sounds "cool". Now, if he is not a native speaker, I apologize, but the use of double negitives, the "gangsta slang" and so on. If there's a country that routinely speaks that way, please forgive me for mistaking it for something it's not.

I took the additional brushes out for two reasons- One, I'm having issues with lighting only the bristles of the brushes so that they don't fade into the background, and two, the client requested a shot with only the powder anyway.

As for the glare, I don't know. It can be difficult to photograph metallic objects, on metallic surface, because they throw reflections all over the place. I hadn't noticed it, but perhaps I'll touch it up a bit now that you've brought it to my attention. Thanks :)

Most reactions

Back