Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
original.jpg

I like the composition but I would like it better if possibly more contrast to bring out the darker areas.

It has too much foreground for my liking. I love the mountains, the slope they create, and the foreground takes attention away from it. And I agree with axom about the contrast.

I dunno yet if I'm for the low contrast or against it. I think it sort of adds to the sad and sombre feel of the photo. I really like the colour of the sky. it's very ominous and thunderstormy.
With the crop, I would've cropped it where the dark trees in the bottom half stop.

Thanks for the comments

The only cropping was to trim the sides. Thought about cutting some off the bottom but what to keep the near 35mm forming, may try cropping the top & bottom to make a horizontal view. Also, Look at the trees the shot is set up straight.

I think craig meant that it's not a normal shape for a photograph. That sort of thing doesn't really faze me with photography. I mean it's art - who says the end product has to be a certain shape.

re croped

On the original it looks as if I trimmed more off the bottom that I recalled doing. Thers is a spot on the bottom of negative that I cut out.

original.jpg

I like the first best. But it still needs a nice bump of contrast, and possibly some sharpening. I worked on it a bit in PS and if you adjust the levels, brightness/contrast, and do a bit of dodge/burn you it will lose the greyness. If you want I will post what I came up with. However it's not perfect by any means, just a few adjustments I did quickly.

Imo, I liked the first one, but would prefer it with the second pictures crop. I am with Meysha about the sky in the first one. It grabbed me the first minute I saw it. It is very solemn and the sky is so dark and sad. Very emotional in the first. The second is also good, except the snow to me feels too white. Maybe I'm just used to the first. But great photo nonetheless. Where was this captured?

eromallagadnama said:
---- If you want I will post what I came up with. -----.

Amanda, I would like to see what you came up with in PS, also I have attached a 120 color version

Most reactions

New Topics

Back