Is this any good?

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Personally I like it a lot. But some other things I like weren't view as greatly as I had viewed them, so I'd like opinions please! :D

Brom.jpg

It seems the grain wasn't noticable in this one, either, with makes me very happy.

I'm really sorry, but this doesn't do anything for me. It's just a broom on a slightly interesting surface. Don't like the shadow either.
You've posted some really nice pics here; this isn't one of them (IMHO).
:oops::neutral:

pascal

=P alright. Thanks for the reply. :eek:

Maybe add some dirt to be swept up and it might make this more interesting. Not bad though.

im no expert ... had a look at your cats too ... ummmm broom. cant see it... maybe B&W with cool tones etc . the colour does not do it justice

My first thought of the pic was if the broom is tilted to the left it would imply that it's moving the left in which case it would work better to have it on the right 1/3 line. Haha Rule Of 3rd's for ya! I agree with the others though... the pic alone I don't think works but you could add some elements to it to improve it. Someone mentioned a cat... that might make it more interesting.

mysteryscribe said:
Okay just to be contrary why would you leave so much empty space on the right. I know everyone has heard me say this a million times but if you want use a horiontal format there should be someting in it.
46zs2a9.jpg

Heh, I thought it looked neat cause of the texture of the ground.

Brom.jpg

I like the horiz version but didn't see it before I did this. I probably pushed it farther than it needs to go, but anyway........

if you would ask me, I'd say your original is the best. it has just the right mood and composition is right on spot. Always keep some things in mind like for example "symmetry is beauty for fools" - Paul Cezanne.

i don't find it interesting, but think with a more interesting broom, and better overall quality that it could be.

composition wise its on its way i guess, but its missing the other elements.

Hahaha yeah I agree. I'm not sure how interesting the shot is (it's a broom... a broom) but having something else in the scene would definitely give it more purpose. I'm still voting for a cat. Like having the broom mooshed up against its head with a look of annoyance on its face. :)

mysteryscribe said:
I think (there for I am) that the missing elements has a lot to do with that empty space. Hell stick a bottle cap in there and you have the reason for the horizontal crop and it all makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back