Is this appealing to anybody

plumkrazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity. I've
I created a layer using IR settings and set it at about 80% opacity so a little color can be seen. For some reason I really like it. Just curious what anybody else thought.

edited:
100_3141ir.jpg

original:
100_3141.jpg

edited:
100_3753IR.jpg

original:
100_3753.jpg

core_17 said:
I love that first one..very surreal. It's like it's out of a dream!

yep, the edited version is awesome. btw, what are your IR settings?

Awesome!! :D I'm glad I'm not alone. For some reason the straight b & W didn't do it for me.

For IR try channel mixer: 200, 100, -200 and if that is too much contrast try 40, 140, -80. And adjust from there. A lot of times it adds a lot of noise so a slight gaussian blur will help.

100_3119edit.jpg

I like both of them. :shock: Very moody and catching images! Especially first one.

I really like the first one as well. Don't really care for the second IR one with the building though. Needs a bit more interest and then I think it would be better.

eromallagadnama said:
I really like the first one as well. Don't really care for the second IR one with the building though. Needs a bit more interest and then I think it would be better.

I totally agree with you. I drive by that barn every single day and thinking every day I should try to make a picture out of it and I finally did yesterday. And the tree I keep going back and forth whether I like it or not.

I'm fond of the tree. I like the contrast and detail in the whole thing. The tree is so stark against the blue background. Looks like the tree has been bleached by a nuclear blast or something.

Plumkrazy! The first picture just looks amazing!

I really like the look of these too. It's almost like selective coloring, but in a good way. Very muted and desaturated and high contrast, they almost look like really old photos from the turn of the last century... the technique of course is only part of it, the photos are nice to begin with and stand on their own without manipulation, which makes this manipulation much nicer.

Thank you everybody!!! The first picture is my uncle so I think I will have it printed for him. The shot wasn't setup so I didn't have much say in the composition. I did do the IR in PS and I posted in a previous post how I did it. Again thanks

And I will check out that link, I'm starting to really like IR

First shot is amazing, I have to give this a go myself. Would make a great thread in the themes section.

Most reactions

Back