Is this considered blasphemy?

Well, if I can get a Rolleiflex working properly, I can get a Minolta working properly. Now, to find the time...

THAT is some immensely helpful advice. I'll give that a shot when this Rolleiflex stops taking up my time. So do I just make a small puddle in the indent for the screw hole? Hould I heat it up a tiny bit (like hold it in front of a space heater for a minute or two)?

Acetone evaporates very quickly, so basically it is a wipe on to remove lacquer.
Nail polish remover is now commonly found without Acetone, so I am not sure of it usage but I think it will stay longer to soften the lacquer/glue. If you get nail polish remover get unscented .

Quite ironically, that Rolleiflex on that page looks EXACTLY like what mine did a couple of nights ago. And it works! For real! I bet that CD would have saved me a ton of time, though. Getting it down that far and repairing it took me a few hours. I'll be buying that, I think. Thanks for the link.

As for the nail polish remover, I'm married so there's bound to be some around here somewhere. I'll give that a shot probably tomorrow night. I'm in need of a break from repairing things after that Rollei-took me about 20 hours worth of work to get it to tip top shape. Last couple days/nights have been all about cosmetic crap and cleaning the hell out of the mirrors/viewfinder and re-dying the leather... sheesh.

Update: I have a buyer that I'm customizing it for. He wants magenta carbon fiber vinyl for some reason. :scratch: I got the bottom plate off-didn't realize it was as easy as it turned out to be. I would have sworn the capacitor was under the top plate, but there it is.

20140109_161725_zpstxcogmah.jpg

Going to pop it out and head to Radioshack to see what I can do, then test it out before I slap the most hideous vinyl you'll probably see on it. :lol:

No, the guy I'm covering it for hasn't sent me the vinyl and I've had some problems locating a new capacitor anywhere local, unfortunately.

Is the cap a 220uf?

If so, one of these might fit: link

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It might be-if it is, that's a HUGE help. Either way, thanks a ton!

You're welcome. I believe the X700 uses a 220uf cap but I don't know if the other X-series models use the same one or not.

Most reactions

Back