SUNR15E

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sunr15e-photographic.darkbb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was so excited when I saw this.

But I am now wondering if it has stopped being used??

Can someone let me know please

SUNR15E

First rule of fight club: start a thread asking WTF is up with fight club.

Wait what?!? Lol there was a round going on this week...

Ask Tyler Durden.
[h=1][/h]

^^^^Had to one up me on the geek meter?!

Flight Club is a lot of work.

Joe spent a lot of his own time creating some very useful tools that make things a bit easier, but it's still a pretty big time commitment. I was helping him out for a while, but then my wife and I had a new baby (our third) and I had to step back for a while.

On top of that, participation was spotty. Often, the "weekly" contest would stretch two or three weeks out while we waited for enough participants to make a contest out of it. We had some people who would play and then not vote. We had people who voted that never played (and never posted anything else on the forums, which led to some controversy).

I'd love to spearhead a revival of this game once I have the time (and the requisite amount of sleep), but for now, it's on hiatus.

How's that for a summary? ;)

It should be a Month long, need at least 5 participants to be entered to keep it going and anyone should be able to vote and participate. How about that? lol idk

Was that YES or NO....??

If it's dead then fair enough...But a YES or NO would help.

Being new here and not knowing who runs what or who helps who or who can say YES or NO.......!!!......all I can do is ASK.

SUNR15E

Sunrise - Fight Club was always its own run thing, the mods/admin of the forum didn't really get involved save to let the organiser have limited mod access so that they could run the club section themselves without fuss. OrionsByte has given a good summary of the situation as it stands.

At present the FC is dormant and the forum staff itself only just got our Challenge competition running again so I think Fight Club will have to wait a little before it gets any revival attention - plus due to its organisation being off-site in many ways it will likely take one of those originally involved to help spearhead a revival.

It's not uncommon for competitions to run out of steam from time to time, specially when they are hobby run events mostly controlled by a single person - this is something we've noticed as site organises and is why we've put 3 people onto keeping the Challenge competition going so that one or even two can slip back with other commitments and it won't cripple the competitions running.

Thanks that makes it a little clearer...

I think I will go with the forum based challenge then.. :)

I would rather be involved with something based here where people can see that there is growth and development within the forum. :)

Cheers

SUNR15E

Most reactions

Back