Is this legal? Can I do this?

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a bunch of fliers printed to promote my business. I was thinking of spending the 50 cents at a newspaper machine and putting my fliers in each paper. I was going to go to a bunch of local newspaper machines to do this. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe if i have to ask "is this legal" maybe its not? :lol: IDK... just wondering....

Why not just deliver them door to door (or pay someone a few bucks to do it)?

Not really "legal" but .... alot of the forms of advertising people use now are not really "legal". They will probably never know unless someone catches you at the machine actually rifling through the papers.

If you do get caught the worst case scenario would probably be a vandalism charge.

Yeah, I'm thinking definitely not legal.

Why don't you go to a party supply store, a costume store, kids clothing stores, etc and see if you can put your fliers up there?

That way you at least have a targeted audience instead of some random people who might buy a paper that day.

Thanks all for your input. Maybe I should just deliver them door to door. But even if i did it.. twisted &gary you are right. what can they really do? I tried to find some info on this, but found nothing.

Another thing you could do without getting a charge is.....just throw some of your fliers on top of the newspaper machine.

I would do as Big Mike said and just deliver them door to door. That is legal and cheaper. I just read in the news last week that vendors have been keeping a much closer eye on their papers because people were stealing the coupons out mainly due to the 'Extreme couponing' craze going on. You wouldn't want them thinking that was what you were doing.

Yeah, I'm thinking definitely not legal.

Why don't you go to a party supply store, a costume store, kids clothing stores, etc and see if you can put your fliers up there?

That way you at least have a targeted audience instead of some random people who might buy a paper that day.

Thanks for the ideas! I was just thinking of doing this in a specific neighborhood (navy housing) because there are tons of familes w/kids. Plus id say about 50% of my clients have been military clients.

I would do as Big Mike said and just deliver them door to door. That is legal and cheaper. I just read in the news last week that vendors have been keeping a much closer eye on their papers because people were stealing the coupons out mainly due to the 'Extreme couponing' craze going on. You wouldn't want them thinking that was what you were doing.

She could put a flier in and steal the coupon at the same time thats win win

That would actually depend on the state. Some places you do have to get a permit to hang door fliers. Yea I know sounds stupid but its true.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back