IS this normal for a D600 ?? button goes down with a crunchy feel&sound

supercool2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday my D600 came in the mail refurbished. Only 400 actuations/shutter clicks on it ;-) (I checked online) . WELL, this is something i noticed yesterday,but it seems worse today unless its my imagination. That button you press down to remove the lens... it goes "crunch" and sometimes gets stuck midway. Its definitely NOT a smooth push down. That same button on my D7100 is so smooth like butter. If this is not normal, I need to contact the people I bought it from right away ;-( . It just doesn't feel like its supposed to do that.

Does not sound right. Never noticed any dif from d5100 to d600

It's a mechanical button. The locking pin on the camera side of lens mount is attached directly to the lens release button.

From what you describe I think the camera may have some sand in it.
Hopefully you bought it from a Nikon authorized Nikon factory refurbished gear seller.

Yes They are a nikon refurbished product seller,that got it from nikon. I actually called the company I got it from to ask about it,and just let the guy know to make note that i did notice this right away. He said it's ok to do an exchange for a different one,up to 30 days from now if i wanted. It also has a 90 day warranty. I told him I probably wouldn't wait that long (30 days), but did want to see maybe in a week if it was still doing it.
I can return it also,within 14 days. But my intent is not to return it so if it persists I may just do an exchange just to be on the safe side. I hate that though. Because there are no other issues,and its such a nice camera. Ok I looked at the opening and se what you mean KnH, about those locking pins... They go up&down with that bottun. Those are the ones that are "stuck" not the button itself. Guess the people I got it from can send it back to Nikon if it doesn't resolve.

This is who I got it from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D600-...718772?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item5d42aeed34

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Definitely sand and it's not normal. Grab a rocket, turn it upside down and start blowing. It's hard to get rid of and if that doesn't clear it up, I would probably exchange it. Great camera. I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of it..

I say return it. No reason to NOT. If you're going to pay big money, you need one that isn't doing something it shouldn't do, the second you pull it out of the box and already worsening, the day after. I hate that happened, I know you were excited, but I would resolve the issue now.

Definitely not happening on my D600, which I bought brand new.

Oil on the sensor, thats sadly normal for many D600. Sand ? Nope.

Most reactions

Back