Is this one underexposed too?

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Man,I do need a monitor calibration, but I have no money! haha

45182_109381669119564_100001431947276_80311_4845652_n.jpg

Perhaps slightly, maybe 1/3 stop, but nothing that couldn't be easily adjusted in post. If you can't afford a hardware colourometer at this point, shoot a series of known colours (bright red shirt, blue shirt etc) and then correct your monitor to that.

not on my monitor, and in fact her shirt is blown out

not on my monitor, and in fact her shirt is blown out

Ditto..I'd say it's bordering on overexposed. I would have exposed it about 1/3 stop less and then bumped her face up a 1/3rd in post to try and preserve the shirt detail a bit. (if you shot raw, you could decrease exposure on the shirt as well). Everything else looks good besides the shirt...to my eyes.

I just looked at it in Photoshop, looking at the R-G-B channels individually...I would say that it is actually over-exposed a bit, and the curves or some other method of exposure adjustment has been used to get this result.

Really? Wow, apparently I need to adjustment this monitor. I'm seeing detail in the shirt, and the skin is appearing as just a hair dark.

Maybe I need a good definition of exposure?
I am saying it is overexposed too, but others were saying it was way underexposed... ugh

I just picked up a copy of "Understanding Exposure" great read!
Not saying you need it...just saying...

I opened the photo in Photoshop and only saw a few places in the shirt where 2 color channels were at 255 and didn't see any spots where all 3 channels were 255. Many parts of the shirt had the blue channel at 255, but many parts of the shirt also had the blue channel at less than 245 too.

If the OP is using GIMP, it must have a similar way of checking the brightness levels in each color channel.

I opened the photo in Photoshop and only saw a few places in the shirt where 2 color channels were at 255 and didn't see any spots where all 3 channels were 255. Many parts of the shirt had the blue channel at 255, but many parts of the shirt also had the blue channel at less than 245 too.

If the OP is using GIMP, it must have a similar way of checking the brightness levels in each color channel.

It does...you can go into the levels and adjust each channel individually. A tool all photographers should know how to use and can also view where each part of the image is on the histogram with the dropper similar to photoshop.

But tell me more about these opening up and checking for 255?
I'm a newbie, so if I don't know what I'm doing, I ask.
I appreciate all the help.

It does...you can go into the levels and adjust each channel individually. A tool all photographers should know how to use and can also view where each part of the image is on the histogram with the dropper similar to photoshop.

By this do you mean picking a color with the dropper and adjusting each color? I try to do that but I don't understand why or where exactly to pick.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back