Is this strictly SLR?

Reefbabe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wondering if this forum is strictly SLRs or would it be embarrassing to post point and shoot photos (ie. Kodak Easyshare, yuck)? Even if it's not...please be honest and let me know so that I won't make an idiot of myself, lol.

yeah, what mark said.
All the pics i post here are from a point and shoot (i use an slr too but my scanner is broken :()
I think you can get incredible resluts with any properly working camera... and abstracts with a broken one :lol:

so all is welcome :D

Oh yeahhhh.....you just gave me the thumbs up (uh oh). My Nikon D50 comes in a few days.....can't wait, I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking about it! Meanwhile, I'll post some of my favs from the Kodak. I really love macro shots and can't wait till I get a proper lens to shoot with!

You may hear "It's not the camera, it the photographer"...which is pretty much true.

Photographers hate to hear "That's a nice picture, you must have a nice camera". When you eat a tasty cake you don't say "This cake is great, you must have nice pots & pans"

However, a lot of the advice given around here is based upon equipment. There are some things that P&S cameras don't or can't do. There are things that every camera can't do...the trick is using the right tool for the job, or at least doing the best with what you've got.

Sorry for the longwindedness...Please feel free to post photos from what ever camera you have.

Big Mike said:
Photographers hate to hear "That's a nice picture, you must have a nice camera". When you eat a tasty cake you don't say "This cake is great, you must have nice pots & pans"

I couldn't believe it when someone actually said that to me. It took great restraint not to bite their head off.

Lenardo had really great paint brushes.
Steven King has a really great typewriter.
Grrr.....

Lol....no, I believe this to be true as well. It's just that other photo forums I've visited seem to be pretty picky about what type of equipment you have or snub those who use anything less. BUT....this isn't the "other" forums, now is it? Thanks guys for your encouragement.

Welcome to the board and lets see some pictures..

Steve

There have been a few ahots posted on here taken with camera phones! :lol:

Anything that records an image is capable of creating a good image as long as the creative eye is behind it!

I even have a half decent first shot of Saturn with my VGA phone camera posted here! :lol:

For whatever it's worth:

A photographer goes through three stages.

1. He/she spends all his time up-dating his gear so that he always has
the latest and best. Rarely takes a picture, except to test lens
sharpness, etc..

2. He/she discovers the print. Disappears into the darkroom [or spends
the time with printing software]. Rarely appears in public.

3. He/she is spotted from time to time wandering around with a favorite
camera and a minimum of gear. His/her photographs hang in MOMA
[Museum of Modern Art, NYC.]

I think I'm at #2 wanting to move into #3 and I've completely skipped #1.....call that reason "funding", lol....but, I'm soon to upgrade. Then I WILL be #3. I know that nothing tops film but I do like taking about on average, 250 pics a day. Soon to be bumped up I hope.

Oh ya.....exclude the MOMA....it would be cool but....I doubt that this will ever happen to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back