No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
I wasn't sure where to put this thread.

Is this the same picture?

9ac34128.jpg

c1d92b17.jpg

I am trying to figure out if the second picture was made from the first. Thanks for any help.

looks like it to me too.

Flipped, a tad more tightly cropped, contrasts upped, but other than that yes, it looks very much like the two are the very same.

Yes, they are infact the same shot.

Using the same methoed to I have to use to confirm Tracing violations on FAC I have come to the conclution that these two pictures are in fact the same shot, or shot at the same time by the same person with a tripod and processed differently.

Image Overlay 50% transparency with Mirror flip and slight scale variation boardered in red over original
9ac34128_Overlay.jpg

Thanks for the responses. The top picture is a Passion Flower that I grew and photographed at work in 2004. The bottom picture I found on a plant catalog while browsing around. The Passion Flower picture is funny since it has been posted on about 50 different websites, blogs, ebay and forums. I used to try and track it down and ask for it to be removed or at least a link to my site. Now I just sit back and watch it make its way around the net.

It isn’t my finest hour with a camera and I have taken better shots of a Passion Flower but this is the one that seems to get used the most. I am going to contact the owner of the site I found it on just to let them know they are not as crafty as they think and they are using a ripped off picture.

Do tell us about the outcome, will you?

Thanks for the responses. The top picture is a Passion Flower that I grew and photographed at work in 2004. The bottom picture I found on a plant catalog while browsing around. The Passion Flower picture is funny since it has been posted on about 50 different websites, blogs, ebay and forums. I used to try and track it down and ask for it to be removed or at least a link to my site. Now I just sit back and watch it make its way around the net.

It isn’t my finest hour with a camera and I have taken better shots of a Passion Flower but this is the one that seems to get used the most. I am going to contact the owner of the site I found it on just to let them know they are not as crafty as they think and they are using a ripped off picture.

That is why I posted the information the way I did, I had a feeling that was going to be the case. It happens, Why do you think FAC has such an elaborate confermation process, not to mention I've done it my self so many times it only took me a couple minuets to get that alligned and posted even on this sluggish computer I have here.

If they are just posting your photo - make up a new version with your website clearly (though not obtrusly) displayed for them to use. Loads of people use photos and images found on the net for decorations or to spice up a forum post or something and if they are willing to show your work (With the link/website watermark) then its free publicity for you
If they are making money from your shot - lawyer time :)

Its copyright theft and if its being used all over the net I'd be tracing and billing, its not publicity as no-one is crediting the image to you while ripping you off, take it seriously this is why photographers are suffering worldwide. H

If they are just posting your photo - make up a new version with your website clearly (though not obtrusly) displayed for them to use. Loads of people use photos and images found on the net for decorations or to spice up a forum post or something and if they are willing to show your work (With the link/website watermark) then its free publicity for you
If they are making money from your shot - lawyer time :)

Key phrase

I found on a plant catalog

They are indirectly making money off form it if it's being used to display sale object.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back