is this worth the $$ need quick answer

NJPhotonewb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys,

just getting back from a business trip and found a sales flyer that ends tomorrow.

this is package a good buy? price is 1300 bucks. camera is new sealed in the box. remember i'm fairly new to the dslr world.

• Nikon D80 Digital SLR Camera Body <
  • Accessories:
    • 18-55mm DX NIKKOR Lens
    • 55-200mm DX NIKKOR Lens
    • Nikon Camera Bag 512MB SD Card <
    • Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery <
    • Quick Charger
    • Audio/Video Cable USB Cable
    • Strap
    • LCD Monitor Cover
    • PictureProject CD-Rom

Is the flyer from a reputable store? I am always skeptical of shady places.

Priced out at Bhphoto:
d80 kit with 18-55mm lens: 1049.95
Nikkor 55-200: 170
other stuff....comes with a kit normally

So with that said, not that great and the lenses in that package are not much to talk about. Make sure you don't rush into buying a camera. Go try out a couple and make sure you like it. Check out www.bhphotovideo.com for a price check.

thanks guys...i really appreciate it.

i've test shot the d80 at the local store and really like it, so when i saw the flier it got the juices flowing. the same set up was 1450 at my local place and she needed to order it. guess i'llplace my order with B&H and just wait out the back order...

If large major retailers don't have the camera in stock, you can bet the "cheap" stores don't as well. Cheap stores thrive on people wanting a good deal. Then using bait and switch to get more $$ on overpirced accessories or warranties. When in fact they don't even have anything in stock except the cheap "overpriced" accessories. Just read reseller ratings or the like on the cheap stores. I learned my lesson 7 years ago from a store that has somewhat a good reputation. They still pulled the import is cheaper made than USA and the price is for import, but we really dont reccomend it. They got me once. But I have learned from it, and will not forget.

And if you don't know. USA vs Import (Grey) only has to do with warranty. And nothing at all with construction!!! Basically it is how it is brought into the country.

Most reactions

Back