Is you camera better than mine?

Mine's better, period. Just because it's mine, lying on the desk next to me. Doesn't matter if it's just a Rebel XS. But seriously, DSLR cameras are all similar. If you don't take lens into account, there's a much bigger gap between your D3000 and any P&S than the D3000 and a D3. And yes, a P&S can be better on occasions, it really is good to have on for such moments.

I know lots of pros that carry around a little point and shoot with them everywhere, it's easier in a pocket than haveing a full body hanging off the shoulder, and in some cases they have really come in handy, you just never know when something might happen in front of you.

modern discoveries are pointing to the likelihood that the common ancestor that chimps and humans share was more human then chimp, which would make the chimp the more advanced species.

Not sure how that relates to cameras. I guess it's similar to comparing a d2x to a d5000.

I believe the best camera is the one that best fits the situation, of course.

I would consider anyone with the extensive knowledge and creativity to shoot the crap out of his/her own camera has the better camera versus anyone who just picks up expensive gear expecting to shoot like a PRO

Depends. Are we talking the camera as bling, the camera as a suitable weight for arm strengthening exercises, as a medium for your expression, as a statment of your manhood, or as a conversation starter? We tend to fetishize (hmm... new word?) our tools, and our ideas of what they "mean" or "represent" usually get in the way of effective use. Not to mention that in a society that prizes possession of things over ability, it's easy to be seduced into thinking that a piece of equipment can somehow magically overcome lack of skill or talent or vision. The "best" camera is... the one you have at the opportune moment, and know how to effectively use. The rest is noise, of the kind that Noise Ninja won't help with.

It doesn't depend on what camera you have, it's the person behind the camera. I know people who have "lower" cameras then mine, and can take better pictures then me.
But a higher grade camera does help to take a more excellent picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back