Isaac fans?

Thanks for the list Hertz, I enjoy my Sci Fi read every now and then. Good topic Artie.

I must say I am quite the Philip Dick fan (though Hollywood ruined a few of his classics for me). Most of books are quite short so its easy for me to digest them in my schedule :)

John Sladek sounds like a winner, I'll have to see if i can find some of his books as well :)

Hertz van Rental said:
One day I will work out what I want to be when I grow up ;-)

If you ever figure it out please let me know since I'm still working on it too and I could do with a hint. :wink:

BTW, one of Asimov's short stories was about the goose that layed the golden egg. I think you would find it interesting with your biology background.

My favourite Clarke shortie is The Sentinel - it's the one that was the basis for 2001. Read the Asimov one many years ago. I might actually re-read some of his stuff. It's been at least 20 years and my tastes may have changed again. He wrote some good serious stuff - Extraterrestrial Civilisations is the best.

Sladek:
Mechasm (aka The Reproductive System)
The Muller-Fokker Effect*
Tik-Tok
Roderick
Roderick at Random
The Lunatics of Terra
The Steam Driven Boy (shorts - contains the parodies)*
Alien Accounts (shorts)
Keep the Giraffe Burning (shorts)*
Black Alice (with Tom Disch)
The New Apochrypha (shorts)*
Black Aura (non SF - a detective story)*

He wrote on or two others but those are the main ones. * are his best and ones that I have read and reread countless times. My e-mail address used to be SteamDrivenBoy - if you ever get to read it you will see why ;-)

vonnagy said:
I must say I am quite the Philip Dick fan (though Hollywood ruined a few of his classics for me). Most of books are quite short so its easy for me to digest them in my schedule :)

Here here...I'm a huge PK Dick fan...Do androids dream of electric sheep!!! that is such a great book. Confessions of a crapartist... I really like William Gibson too. Neuromancer, Mona Lisa Overdrive both some of the best cyberpunk I've read.

oh noooo not science fiction! I hate it :p but I love Agatha Christie's stories :)

mentos_007 said:
oh noooo not science fiction! I hate it :p but I love Agatha Christie's stories :)

Agatha Christie - 'what if...' stories so technically Sci-Fi :mrgreen:

(How ya doing Mentos? Haven't seen you for a while)

You guys know Linklater is directing" A Scanner Darkly" by PK Dick. keanu Is starrting...i hope it doesn;t suck as much as minority report or paycheck...or total recall...err... or screamers...imposter was okay...Barjo was pretty damn good...Blade runner still is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Sci Fi is fun most of the time... I like Heinlen...stranger in a strange land...very cool. Oh and lets not forget our beloved douglas adams... I absolutely adore the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back