Island of Biri: An Escape to Northern Samar, Philippines

Wow! unreal shots...love them! :)

I am interested to know what time of day you shot at and what were the light conditions? Your images are shot within a span of approx. 1 sec - 30 sec. in what LOOKS to me like during daylight...wondering how you did that. Maybe I am completely wrong! I tried taking some shots of waterscapes using longer shutter speeds (before sunset) but they were blown out...it's still frustrating me

great captures! Some LONG exposures on a few though. haha

Wow! unreal shots...love them! :)

I am interested to know what time of day you shot at and what were the light conditions? Your images are shot within a span of approx. 1 sec - 30 sec. in what LOOKS to me like during daylight...wondering how you did that. Maybe I am completely wrong! I tried taking some shots of waterscapes using longer shutter speeds (before sunset) but they were blown out...it's still frustrating me

hi kd, thanks! the long exposures were done with necessary filters like nd400 and nd8. This will cut light by several stops so it paved the loing exposures. Time of day of the ff:
65sec 8-9am
10sec 5-6pm
30sec 9-10am

goodluck with your project, keep us posted. ;)

great captures! Some LONG exposures on a few though. haha

thanks dbj!

Today, I looked at my watch it’s 4:15am. I was woken up by drums beating outside my apartment and a group of local candidates were campaigning already, wtf! Haha I don’t want to talk about hardcore politics early this day but what I could share is a thought hoping them CRABS won’t get the best in us. I still believe that a person remains to be Fair and Hypocrisy is kept in the closet because sometimes it’s so obvious that integrity is easily replaced by disgust.

Enough of the negativity! I tried to make sense of this morning by editing this beautiful sunset I took in Biri. Most of the time the sun is covered by them blue/black clouds but a little patience and luck paid off. Good Morning;).

ISO 100 l 17mm l f13 l .7sec l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Kenko Nd8 l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4526924642_8ce4b1b164_o.jpg

My Tribute to Earth Day!:D

I thought of processing this image specially for this day. What a beautiful world we live in and it's just right for us to take care of it. All the hype about 2012 as end of the world gives me the creeps and I don' t want to experience that anytime soon! In my little way going green is my small step to preventing all of these chaos and mishaps from happening.

click 1440 for details > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4541685461_58bd7d98f7_o.jpg

ISO 50 l 25mm l f13 l 1/4sec l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Marumi Cpl l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4542319924_5fbf601e72_o.jpg

It's low tide and we can already walk and experience the layers of the sea bed. It was out of this planet experience for me! I never imagined such details will come out this time of the day. That's Magasang formation in the middle i still can't get near it because waves are still ferocious and sea spray is overwhelming. I was so tempted to get a close up image but its to hazardous for the gears. Anyway it was still breath taking, later that day I got near it and had my succeeding images taken!

This is a sunrise image I took on top of one of the rock formation in Biri. It was a bit foggy that day specially near the mountains and it gave me some of the range in silhouette. Strong winds early that morning, waves crashing and the sunrise sarap!!!

ISO 200 l 21mm l f13 l 1sec l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Kenko Nd8 l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4530348124_68c2f79382_o.jpg

I thought of sharing this hilarious excerpt from the net though I posted this already in my wall but for those who can't read it or missed it here it goes:) With the vibes from the recent movie, Clash of the Titans and Philippine Election. In a classroom setting teacher asks "What's your favorite mythical creature?" Student: "An honest politician." haha

I just finished reading the book Developing Vision and Style: A Landscape Photography Masterclass by Joe Cornish, Charlie White and David Ward. I learned a lot from this book and once again I'm inspired! I'd like to share one of the photogs in this book, Mike McFarlane he said "I like to be in places that no else went to, often places where people weren't meant to go and if this meant scrambling down a cliff or over a wall, then so be it, I just had to be there..."

ISO 50 l 22mm l f11 l 30sec. l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Kenko Nd400 l Marumi Cpl l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4604744191_3efb97abba_o.jpg

Saw these prints during an early morning shoot/stroll in the beach. It was peaceful that time not much locals, tourist in the scene its just the sea, sand and surreal view! Looking at these prints, undisturbed, lead the eyes into the picture. If you notice the cliff there that's where I shot my 3rd image during sunset.

ISO 50 l 17mm l f13 l .5sec l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Marumi Cpl l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4518866689_980dfdf113_o.jpg

My Tribute to Earth Day!:D

I thought of processing this image specially for this day. What a beautiful world we live in and it's just right for us to take care of it. All the hype about 2012 as end of the world gives me the creeps and I don' t want to experience that anytime soon! In my little way going green is my small step to preventing all of these chaos and mishaps from happening.

click 1440 for details > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4541685461_58bd7d98f7_o.jpg

ISO 50 l 25mm l f13 l 1/4sec l 5DMK2 l 17-40L l Marumi Cpl l Singh Ray "Daryl Benson Reverse Grad" 3 Stops

4542319924_5fbf601e72_o.jpg

It's low tide and we can already walk and experience the layers of the sea bed. It was out of this planet experience for me! I never imagined such details will come out this time of the day. That's Magasang formation in the middle i still can't get near it because waves are still ferocious and sea spray is overwhelming. I was so tempted to get a close up image but its to hazardous for the gears. Anyway it was still breath taking, later that day I got near it and had my succeeding images taken!

The full rez image is very impressive ;) Well done man you got some really good shots thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back