Islay and Jura

Tim Tucker 2

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back from a recent trip to a couple of the Isles.

_DSC1774_sRGB_ss.jpg

A bit of an unexpected shot. I thought the sunrise was not going to offer anything so was off to photograph another scene that turned out to be just a figment of my enthusiasm, (again). Sandra was walking the dogs along Corran Beach on Jura where we *wild camped* in a camper van and a bank of low cloud just drifted in as the sun peeked over the hills between the clouds. It's kinda' a memory of how beautiful the place was and goes a long way to making us forget that we spent a whole afternoon on the same beach stuck in the camper van because it rained heavily for hours. I don't know what it is about the Met Office forecasts but a 20% chance of rain seems to have a different meaning on Jura than it does on the mainland... ;)

img101_sRGB_ss.jpg

The Last Post, Jura. On the side of the one *single track* main road, (it even has a grass *verge* in the middle in places). Across the rickety planks and you really get the feeling you're walking into the wild.

_DSC1588_sRGB_ss.jpg

Ceann Tragh, Islay, (kin-tra eye-lea). It translates as the head of the beach, or sand exposed by the tide. The rivers carrying the 20% chance of rain across the beach to the sea, continually... ;)

Love the low hanging cloud in the first shot, I also really like the third shot.

Nice set. Beautiful place

The first two stand out to me. I like the little bit of brightness in the sunburst and the soft pastels in the rest of the photo. The second works really, really nicely in the conversion.

The first two stand out to me. I like the little bit of brightness in the sunburst and the soft pastels in the rest of the photo. The second works really, really nicely in the conversion.

Ahh... That one was actually shot on B&W film. I still find that when using LF B&W film I am able to get images that I just can't duplicate with digital.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back