ISO performance on crop sensor- Canon Specific

I really like a crop sensor, because I like the "extra reach" I can get.
You get no ''extra reach". The edges are just cropped.

IF your lens is capable of resolving at the smaller pixel size, and IF your crop sensor actually has smaller microsensors than the full frame of comparison does (usually true but not always), then you do actually get more reach.

Because the same amount of optical detail would be falling on the larger sensor, but with its larger pixels, the finest detail could just be wasted, whereas finer pixels could record it.

However, this requires a high end lens, and PERFECT focusing and technique.

I really like a crop sensor, because I like the "extra reach" I can get.
You get no ''extra reach". The edges are just cropped.

IF your lens is capable of resolving at the smaller pixel size, and IF your crop sensor actually has smaller microsensors than the full frame of comparison does (usually true but not always), then you do actually get more reach.

Because the same amount of optical detail would be falling on the larger sensor, but with its larger pixels, the finest detail could just be wasted, whereas finer pixels could record it.

However, this requires a high end lens, and PERFECT focusing and technique.

Is that not just resolution and not reach. I could be wrong but that is the first time I ever heard that crop cameras based on a full frame system has more reach, but I am interested

Most reactions

Back