Issues with CS2 / Bridge: help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gpu=graphics processing unit

thanks....where is that located? there is no place on top that says GPU. where do i find that in the bridge software and what should it be set to when i do find it? thanks,
steve

you prob want to uninstall PS and bridge. remove all references to cs2, or abode photoshop from the registry, or try something like system mechanics trial... before you do it, take screenshots of your preferences in PS from the preferences page(s) and backup all your actions you use.

you can uninstall, and reinstall in about 30 minutes including all your stuff, shouldnt put you out that badly...

im thinking its got to be your profiles settings in bridge...

Calibrate your monitor and adjust/edit preferences in PS, there should be similar in bridge or at least something to have bridge use the same settings as PS, I dont use bridge however. I'd also stop doing weddings professionally till you know what your doing, you can be as much of a pc tech as you want, that doesn't make you a tog. H

The monitor is always calibrated. You're the last one who should talk. I saw your site, what version of microsoft notepad did you use to "design" your website. How many overexposed images of the bride in the cemetery did you sell? From what I saw, you're not too fluent with PS either, or photography. Learn how to properly shoot manual or stick to full auto. Because a program is causing me issues (been using DPP and thought i would try bridge) doesn't mean i should stop photography. i started in film years ago. who are you to tell me? maybe you should get out of photography until your attitude changes. i wouldn't want someone like you shooting my wedding. i've shot for remax, century 21, NBC, weddings since 1988, and video production since 1989. We have had artists on VH1 and my recording studio division has worked with artists now at Warner Bros. and Shrapnel Records. I'm not limited to just wedding photography. I have noticed that some wedding photographers are like used car salesman, limited and quick to jump on others and you confirm this. Wedding photography is only a portion of the many services we offer and we do it quite well. Sounds like you have a problem. Do you speak to your clients that way? I'm willing to help out....but God forbid I ask a question that sounds stupid. Then you have some idiot come along to make it known how much "better" he is than everyone else. Keep thinking that. Photography can be learned but unfortunately the human spirit cannot.

you guys got that out your systems....you do? ok, good, back on track now, is it just me or are the tint and contrast settings boosted too much in that first picture and maybe all the others? i really hope you get this figured out because it is annoying me and im not the one with the problem! lol. Ill ask some friends that use bridge as well and see what they have to say, but try the suggestions everyone else posted on here and post your findings. Good luck.

LOL Did you ever notice that a wedding Photographer's GQ (grouchiness Quotient) is directly related to the number of open dates on their calender?

mike

P.S. Guitarkid, did you try Adobe Bridge > Edit> Apply Camera RAW Settings> Clear Camera RAW Settings and after having cleared the settings- Edit> Apply Camera RAW Settings> Camera RAW Defaults?

You need a RAW file loaded in bridge to access this.

m e

P.P.S. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling your video card?

Mike, i just did uninstall the video card, shutdown machine, take out video card, restart the machine with no card in it, remove reg entries, shut down, then put card back in machine, load fresh drivers. seemed to do the trick. uninstalling the drivers alone didn't work until the card was taken out of the mix physically. weird, but i'm not surprised. looks better now. I will still use Lightroom since i did order it and it arrived a few days ago. I love the look of the GUI and it's really powerful...getting addicted to it. Weird that in Lightroom, i didn't have these crazy artifacts and pixelations....possibly something related to the video drivers not liking something that was in Bridge's software. who knows. Anyway, perfect timing if i want to use bridge since we have 2 weddings in the next week including one today.
thanks,
Steve

Hi Kid, quit blubbing, your underexposing cos your s*** frightened of using flash, I've taken a look at your site too, lots of empty chairs in big gardens don't cut it for Brides this side of the pond. I am the first to admit I'm no web designer but unlike yourself I do hold a degree in photography and digital imaging, I have no issues with my programs and definitely dont come crying for info on sites like this and take offence when someone points out that the problems could be my own fault, maybe you should stick to auto programs, then you just might get an exposure thats up to par, and I dont mean all those nose shadows and sunken eye shots that litter your website. H

PS. just had another look too, whats with the morski bride, nosediving from the car, and youve some lovely whopping shadows and very harsh light from your P&S flash in the entrance shots, dont critisise anyone when your garbage yourself.

must be a lot of pressure in wedding photography.

There is. That's why I don't do it.

Everyone in both families is a critic. They want to direct what you do and and then when you get the proofs done, they want to tell you how your photos sucked and you are too expensive. :thumbdown:

Not that I had all of the above, except people following me around and saying "Take a picture of that, it's cute. Oh don't miss Uncle Charlie." I got one big group up on a stairway for a big family shot. Took the first picture and one old bag says, "OK you got the picture, that's enough." and she and a big group walked away. Like it would kill her to stand still for 15 seconds more after we took all that time to get everyone in one place! Of course in the one picture, there are people not looking at the camera. people making faces, people who were not ready, because they were chatting.

The best wedding photogs are not necessarily the best photographers. But the ones that survive and can take the abuse, are very good people managers as well, and that's what it takes. Great photos help of course. :D

There is when you have goons like this one providing flat vignetted images whilst calling himself a Pro at the same time as asking the most basic questions about things like his flash overheating due to the fact he's firing off 1200 shots at a wedding in the hope of getting a decent snap, and no, his snaps don't fall under the category of photographs. enough. H

Hi Kid, quit blubbing, your underexposing cos your s*** frightened of using flash, I've taken a look at your site too, lots of empty chairs in big gardens don't cut it for Brides this side of the pond. I am the first to admit I'm no web designer but unlike yourself I do hold a degree in photography and digital imaging, I have no issues with my programs and definitely dont come crying for info on sites like this and take offence when someone points out that the problems could be my own fault, maybe you should stick to auto programs, then you just might get an exposure thats up to par, and I dont mean all those nose shadows and sunken eye shots that litter your website. H

PS. just had another look too, whats with the morski bride, nosediving from the car, and youve some lovely whopping shadows and very harsh light from your P&S flash in the entrance shots, dont critisise anyone when your garbage yourself.

Nice comebacks. only took you about a week. Who said i don't have a degree? I have bachelors in Audio engineer / acoustical sound, as well as film. Say what you want. We made a little over a grand in print sales from the wedding with "empty chairs." I thought that's what forums were for...asking for assistance. Afraid of flash? I don't rely on it. By looking at your shots, degree or not, it wasn't anything amazing. I didn't see anything you suggested helping out with the issue at hand in this thread. In the end, i would have never suggested someone get out of photography due to something faulty in one's registry. Have a nice day.

A little over a grand eh, that'll be about 400 quid then, well the wedding with the graveyard shot has made me roughly 2 grand ukp and its not finished yet, what film degree you got then, movies, hollywood, you got s**t.
Some pc tech too, I wouldnt let you near one, you didnt know what a GPU was and a corrupt registry? some tech. H

If you can't play nice, I'll have to take away your toys.

Personal attacks are not welcome or tollerated on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back