IT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

!! ouch that is nasty - poor you :(
what happened?

Fell out of my pocket when I was carrying stuff into the school this morning to get ready for our Psychology club bake sale . . . right onto the cement.

nasty - can you get it repaired? or is it going to cost you

To repair it would cost almost as much as getting a new one. Actually, now that the 3G is out it would probably cost more. The only figures I'm seeing are ones that I think were put out before the 3G, and that's about $250. You can get an 8Gb 3G for $199. (Mine is a 16GB, though)

Wrong title. It's impossible for it to happen to me. I'm not addicted to cell phones and don't have one :D.

I'm married with young kids. I have no money, thus no friends nor do I go anywhere. If I need to talk to my wife, I just yell up the steps from the basement, hehe.

One day I dropped my 16 GB 3G, It landed SO hard on the kitchen tile one day. It landed PERFECTLY FLAT on its face. I picked it up, the screen went white, then Black. That was the last time I ever saw my baby light up. :(

Luckily for me, There was absolutely NO physical damage. I walked into the Apple store, Played dumb ("I don't know what happened, It just wouldn't turn on!") I walked out less than 10 minutes later with a brand new one costing me zero dollars.

Was yours Jailbroken?

I believe pda dot net sells new screen for pretty cheap. Even come with the tools if you pay extra. Think of it as an excuse to get a 3G!

One day I dropped my 16 GB 3G, It landed SO hard on the kitchen tile one day. It landed PERFECTLY FLAT on its face. I picked it up, the screen went white, then Black. That was the last time I ever saw my baby light up. :(

Luckily for me, There was absolutely NO physical damage. I walked into the Apple store, Played dumb ("I don't know what happened, It just wouldn't turn on!") I walked out less than 10 minutes later with a brand new one costing me zero dollars.

Was yours Jailbroken?

No, it isn't jailbroken. Yet.

And it actually still works. I have no idea how it can be shattered like that, and the touchscreen still works almost perfectly (I say perfectly, because when I was trying to text Joe (clarinetjwd) this morning to tell him what happened, I kept hitting the backspace, and it thought I was hitting 'L'. It only did that for a few minutes, though, and now when I hit backspace, it backspaces.

So, let's just hope it holds on for about another month, because I can't afford to replace it before then.

And as much as it'll be nice to have the updated features of the 3G . . . I MUCH prefer the body style of the original, that I have. I'm gonna miss it. :(

Get an HTC Touch Pro :p. I dropped it exactly 4 times since I got it in December and it still works :p

And as much as it'll be nice to have the updated features of the 3G . . . I MUCH prefer the body style of the original, that I have. I'm gonna miss it. :(

The first gen. metal back was a great look! I held onto mine after I upgraded for as long as I could.

I held on to mine too, Until someone offered me almost $400 for it!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back